Chemical Resistant Coatings
Our chemical resistant paint and coatings offer protection to concrete, cementitious mortars and rendering, metal, timber, asbestos, and more in a wide range of chemical processing environments and industries. Protection against chemicals comes in various guises around the workplace every day, from protective clothing, storage of chemicals, protecting bunded areas from accidental spillage, etc. These products help provide a solution for our customers to protect different surfaces where necessary from a vast range of chemicals, whether it be chemical and acid resistance for floor areas, tanks (internally and externally), bunds, walls, and more. The superior technology used in our products means that even some of the harshest chemicals at high concentration can be protected against with minimal effort and cost.
For chemically resistant tank and pipe linings, Rawlins Paints have set up a specialist category, which focuses on a range of metal and concrete coatings for the marine, offshore and processing plant sectors.
Showing 1 - 12 of 42 items
International Intergard 410 is a high build, high performance, two component epoxy with excellent chemical and abrasion resistance suitable for use as part of a...
Rust-Oleum 9600 Rust-O-Thane Polyurethane is a solvent based, flexible polyurethane topcoat leaving a high gloss finish. Resistant to ponding water, UV and...
Sikagard 63 N is a two part epoxy protective coating with high chemical resistance. Sikagard 63N is an abrasion resistant, universal coating material fFor use on...
Sika Permacor 2707 is a 2-pack epoxy resin topcoat with high mechanical resistance and with excellent chemical resistance to aqueous and alkaline exposure. Sika...
International Interline 955 is a two component, heavy duty vinyl ester coating reinforced with glass flake to increase chemical and abrasion resistance....
Jotun Chemflake Special is specially designed as an internal lining for offshore, onshore and buried tanks and pipes such as chemical tanks, flue gas ducts,...
Jotun Chemflake CV is a glass flake reinforced conductive unsaturated vinyl ester coating. It is an ultra high build, chemical resistant and fast curing barrier...
A high solids, epoxy intermediate/finish coat, providing exceptionally high film builds (up to 200 microns DFT per coat), enabling maximum performance in a...
High build, solvent-free epoxy floor paint for garages, warehouses, showrooms, corridors, indoor car parks, workshops etc. Optimal protection in only one or two...
Provides an extremely tough, durable finish combining good anti-abrasion properties with exceptional weathering characteristics. Leaves an easily cleanable finish...
Teamac Chlorvar Chlorinated Rubber Paint is a versatile product to provide outstanding protection against chemicals, acids and aqueous solutions on metal, wood...
Jotun Hardtop CA is a two component cross linked acrylic coating that does not contain isocyanates. It has a gloss finish with good gloss retention and is a high...
Chemical and acid resistant paints and coatings are designed to offer a lot more protection than standard coatings, which generally protect surfaces from day-to-day contact with hydraulic fluids, petrol, oil, and grease. The coatings available here are for high-end requirements:
- Buried metal and concrete structures
- Bund walls
- Machinery and processing equipment
- Flue gas ducts
- Cooling towers
- Nuclear facilities
- Traffic and industrial fumes
- Liquid spillages
- Excellent flexibility
- Improved resistance against chemical attacks to a surface or substrate from long-periods of storage and transportation – typically from two-component coatings, like epoxy, polyurethane, methacrylate, and vinyl ester resins
- Corrosive petrol, diesel, acids, alkalis and solvents in industrial processing facilities where minimal surface cleaning is attainable
- Enhanced surface lubrication is required
- Improved component life from durable topcoats
- Surface heat and low-temperature handling capabilities
- Storage of high temperature chemicals
- Extreme protection in high humidity areas where high rates of salt water corrosion may be typical
- Improved resistance to anti-galling lubricants
- Protects marine environment surfaces from
- Salt spray
- Excessive moisture
- Oxidation and rust
- Other environmental chemicals
- Resilience against chemical compounds and corrosive materials
- Improved colour retention
- Extended surface and substrate lifespan
- High-gloss finishes
- Cost-effective long-term coating solutions for flooring in heavy machinery plants
- Abrasion resistance
- Thin film coating requirements that offer extended protection to the underlying surface or substrate
- And more
The chemical resistance of a coating will depend on a variety of criteria, including:
- The type of chemical
- Its concentration
- Temperature – environment and substance
- Level of exposure – full/partial, occasional contact
- Length of time exposed to the chemical
- The full paint system specifications
- Has there been any maintenance or repair work conducted?
- Interior or exterior location
- Substrate type
- Submerged, underground / under-soil location
- Will the surface be subject to abrasion and vehicular use?
- Cleaning regimes
- Required lifespan
- Substrate or surface preparation
- Stain resistance
- Weather protection characteristics
- How porous is the substrate?
- Surface exposure rate
Chemically Resistant Epoxy Coatings
Please refer to product datasheets always, as scenarios given are not reflective of all products.
Epoxy coatings provide outstanding protection against caustic fluids, fuels including oil and petrol, fatty acids, salt or sugar solutions in food processing or pharmaceutical facilities, chemical cleaning and related cleaning detergents or product spillage.
Environments and surfaces specialist epoxy coatings may be used in include swimming pools, large floor areas, indoor car parks, garage floors, warehouse floors, workshops, showrooms, etc.
An aesthetical feature of epoxy paints is that they can produce a long-lasting super gloss or wet look. This may be preferred in environments where a facility is open to inspection, lectures, tours and showcase demonstrations.
In aggressive and extreme environments, a two component epoxy coating, like that found within International's Intergard 410, delivers as an anti-corrosive barrier for high-build sites and on external tanks. As with many Rawlins Paints' products, it comes available in a wide range of colours (see here for more detail).
Our help and advice promise
If you need any advice or guidance with your chemical resistant paint project, call our Technical Team to discuss what product(s) will be best for you. Site visits can be carried out for larger projects so a full specification can be produced in writing, which will be tailored to meet the projects requirements. Data sheets and advice are always freely available to help you with your project.