Coating Thickness Meter (C5007)
One of the most advanced portable Coating Thickness Meters on the market, measuring all coatings on metallic substrates using the magnetic induction or eddy-current principles, ensuring the correct coating thickness has been applied.
Supplied in an industrial foam-filled carrying case with probes, set of 8 Calibration Foils & Zero Disks. Includes CS302 F Probe 0–2000µm/0–5.00mm & CS304 N Probe 0–2000µm.
- Calibrate on any blasted profile or shape of substrate using supplied Calibration Foils
- Store & recall calibration settings for different substrates, shapes; store measurements into batches
- Shows Mean, Number of Readings, Max/Min, Coefficient of Variation & Standard Deviation, Metric/Imperial
- Pass & fail with audible & visual alarm
- Compliant to ISO Standards 2808, 19840, 2360, 1461 & 2063
- Personalise with your company, department or operator’s name
- Download measurements, statistics & out-of-limit readings to Word or Excel
- Click to jump down to Technical Data
One of the most advanced portable Coating Thickness Meters on the market.
The Coating Thickness Meter will measure all coatings on metallic substrates using the magnetic induction or eddy-current principles, ensuring the correct coating thickness has been applied, and can be personalised with your company, department or operator’s name. This will appear on every download and on the display when the instrument is switched on.
The paint thickness measurement unit comes supplied in an industrial foam-filled carrying case with probes, set of 8 Calibration Foils and Zero Disks. The C5007 Coating Thickness Meter includes CS302 F Probe 0–2000µm/0–5.00mm & CS304 N Probe 0–2000µm.
A PC Download Cable (CA101) is available separately - select it from the drop-down menu above to add to basket.
Calibration Certificates, with traceability to UKAS, are available separately - select the required certificate from the drop-down menu above to add to basket.
- NC101 Ferrous Probe Calibration Certificate
- NC102 Non-Ferrous Probe Calibration Certificate
- NC002 Calibration Foils Calibration Certificate
- Paint thickness measurement unit
- Calibration. Calibrate on any blasted profile or any shape of substrate using the Calibration Foils supplied.
- Calibration Memories. The calibration settings for different substrates and shapes can be stored and recalled when required.
- Statistics. shows Mean, Number of Readings, Max/Min, Coefficient of Variation and Standard Deviation.
- Limits. Pass and fail with audible and visual alarm.
- Metric/Imperial. Select measurement units.
- Batching. Measurements can be stored into batches which incorporate batch number, job number, and date and time. You can also go back to previous batches and look at the statistics and add or cancel readings.
- Download. Measurements, statistics and out-of-limit readings can be downloaded to a computer either by batch number or job number into Microsoft Word or Excel.
- Requires "PC Download Cable" (sold separately)
- Paints and varnishes.
- Determination of film thickness.
- Corrosion protection of steel structures by protective paint systems.
- Measurement of, and acceptance criteria for, the thickness of dry films on rough surfaces.
- Non-conductive coatings on non-magnetic electrically conductive basis materials.
- Measurement of coating thickness.
- Amplitude-sensitive eddy-current method.
- Hot dip galvanized coatings on fabricated iron and steel articles.
- Specifications and test methods.
- Thermal spraying.
- Metallic and other inorganic coatings.
- Zinc, aluminium and their alloys.
- Accuracy: ±1 to 3%.
- Resolution 0–1000µm/0–2000µm: 1µm (0.1mil).
- Resolution 0–5.00mm: 0.01mm (0.1mil).
- Resolution 0–20.0mm: 0.1mm (0.1mil).
See the data sheet/instructions for a full operations guide in our attachments section above, or download here.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!