The Paint Inspection Kit contains all the essential equipment needed for the testing of blast-cleaned steel and coating inspection. Supplied in an industrial Carrying Case with Testex Replica Tape / Replica Tape Gauge, Bresle Patch Test, Dust Tape Test, Dewpoint Meter, Coating Thickness Meter (C5001) and Wet Film Gauge (pack of 5). When...
Coating Thickness Meter
One of the most advanced portable Coating Thickness Meters on the market, measuring all coatings on metallic substrates using the magnetic induction or eddy-current principles, ensuring the correct coating thickness has been applied.
Supplied in an industrial foam-filled carrying case with probes, set of 8 Calibration Foils & Zero Disks.
- Calibrate on any blasted profile or shape of substrate using supplied Calibration Foils
- Store & recall calibration settings for different substrates, shapes; store measurements into batches
- Shows Mean, Number of Readings, Max/Min, Coefficient of Variation & Standard Deviation, Metric/Imperial
- Pass & fail with audible & visual alarm
- Compliant to ISO Standards 2808, 19840, 2360, 1461 & 2063
- Personalise with your company, department or operator’s name
- Download measurements, statistics & out-of-limit readings to Word or Excel
- 7 Coating Thickness Meter options available - choose from the dropdown menu
- Spare ferrous and non-ferrous probes, calibration foils and zero disks are also available - choose from the dropdown menu
- C5001 Thickness Meter is also available as part of the Paint Inspection Kit (Metric) (K3001)
One of the most advanced portable Coating Thickness Meters on the market.
The Coating Thickness Meter will measure all coatings on metallic substrates using the magnetic induction or eddy-current principles, ensuring the correct coating thickness has been applied, and can be personalised with your company, department or operator’s name. This will appear on every download and on the display when the instrument is switched on.
The paint thickness measurement unit comes supplied in an industrial foam-filled carrying case with probes, set of 8 Calibration Foils and Zero Disks. 7 Coating Thickness Meter options available - choose from the dropdown menu.
Spare Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Probes are also available seperately for use with the Coating Thickness Meter - please select from the drop-down menu above.
A PC Download Cable (CA101) is available separately - select it from the drop-down menu above to add to basket.
Calibration Certificates, with traceability to UKAS, are available separately - select the required certificate from the drop-down menu above to add to basket.
- NC101 Ferrous Probe Calibration Certificate
- NC102 Non-Ferrous Probe Calibration Certificate
- NC002 Calibration Foils Calibration Certificate
- Paint thickness measurement unit
- Calibration. Calibrate on any blasted profile or any shape of substrate using the Calibration Foils supplied
- Calibration Memories. The calibration settings for different substrates and shapes can be stored and recalled when required
- Statistics. Shows Mean, Number of Readings, Max/Min, Coefficient of Variation and Standard Deviation
- Limits. Pass and fail with audible and visual alarm
- Metric/Imperial. Select measurement units
- Batching. Measurements can be stored into batches which incorporate batch number, job number, and date and time. You can also go back to previous batches and look at the statistics and add or cancel readings
- Download. Measurements, statistics and out-of-limit readings can be downloaded to a computer either by batch number or job number into Microsoft Word or Excel
- Requires "PC Download Cable" (sold separately - see drop-down menu above)
- Paints and varnishes
- Determination of film thickness
- Corrosion protection of steel structures by protective paint systems
- Measurement of, and acceptance criteria for, the thickness of dry films on rough surfaces
- Non-conductive coatings on non-magnetic electrically conductive basis materials
- Measurement of coating thickness
- Amplitude-sensitive eddy-current method
- Hot dip galvanized coatings on fabricated iron and steel articles
- Specifications and test methods
- Thermal spraying
- Metallic and other inorganic coatings
- Zinc, aluminium and their alloys
- Accuracy: ±1 to 3%
- Resolution 0–1000µm/0–2000µm: 1µm (0.1mil)
- Resolution 0–5.00mm: 0.01mm (0.1mil)
- Resolution 0–20.0mm: 0.1mm (0.1mil)
See the data sheet/instructions for a full operations guide in our attachments section above.
Coating Thickness Meter options:
|C5001||Coating Thickness Meter. Inc CS301 Ferrous Probe 0–1000µm|
|C5002||Coating Thickness Meter. Inc CS302 Ferrous Probe 0–2000µm & 0–5.00mm|
|C5003||Coating Thickness Meter. Inc CS303 Ferrous Probe 1–20.0mm|
|C5004||Coating Thickness Meter. Inc CS304 Non-Ferrous Probe 0–1000µm|
|C5005||Coating Thickness Meter. Inc CS305 Non-Ferrous Probe 0–2000µm|
|C5006||Coating Thickness Meter. Inc CS301 F 0–1000µm & CS304 NF Probes 0–1000µm|
|C5007||Coating Thickness Meter. Inc CS302 F 0–2000µm/0–5.00mm & CS304 N 0–2000µm|
Calibration Certificates and PC Download Cable:
|NC101||Ferrous Probe Calibration Certificate|
|NC102||Non-Ferrous Probe Calibration Certificate|
|NC002||Calibration Foils Calibration Certificate|
|CA101||USB Download Cable|
Spare Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Probes for use with the Coating Thickness Meter:
Ferrous Probes - Measure all non-ferromagnetic coatings on steel and iron. Example: Paint on steel, galvanising on steel, metal spray on steel and chrome on steel etc.
Non-Ferrous Probes - Measure all non-conductive, non-ferromagnetic coatings on conductive non-ferrous substrates. Example: Paint on aluminium, paint on stainless steel and anodising on aluminium etc.
Please see the product data sheet for detailed information.
|CS301||Spare Ferrous Probe 0–1000µm (to fit C5001 & C5006 Thickness Meters)|
|CS302||Spare Ferrous Probe 0–2000µm & 0–5.00mm (to fit C5002, C5007 Thickness Meters)|
|CS303||Spare Ferrous Probe 1–20.0mm (to fit C5003 Thickness Meter)|
|CS304||Spare Non-Ferrous Probe 0–1000µm (to fit C5004 & C5006 Thickness Meters)|
|CS305||Spare Non-Ferrous Probe 0–2000µm (to fit C5005 & C5007 Thickness Meters)|
|CA201||Ferrous Probe Right Angle 0–1000µm (to fit C5001 & C5006 Thickness Meters)|
|CA202||Non-Ferrous Probe Right Angle 0–1000µm (to fit C5004 & C5006 Thickness Meters)|
Spare Calibration Foils and Zero Disks for calibrating the Coating Thickness Meters:
All values shown are nominal values, Foil Accuracy: ±2%, foils are supplied in packs of eight in a protective wallet.
|F2001||Spare Calibration Foils 0–1000µm (25, 50, 75, 125, 175, 250, 500, 750µm)|
|F2002||Spare Calibration Foils 0–40mils (1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 20, 30mils)|
|F2003||Spare Calibration Foils 0–2000µm (50, 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1250, 1500, 2000µm)|
|F2004||Spare Calibration Foils 0–80mils (2, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80mils)|
|F2005||Spare Calibration Foils 0–5.00mm (50, 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000, 3000µm)|
|F2006||Spare Calibration Foils 0–200mils (2, 10, 20, 30, 40, 60, 80, 120mils)|
|F2007||Spare Calibration Foils 1–20.0mm (5, 9.5, 15mm)|
|F2008||Spare Calibration Foils 1–800mils (200, 360, 600mils)|
|FV001||Calibration Foils Special Range* SPECIAL ORDER ONLY WITH POA|
|Z1003||Spare Zero Disk Ferrous|
|Z1004||Spare Zero Disk Non-Ferrous|
|Z1005||Spare Zero Plate Ferrous (1–20mm Coating Thickness Meter)|
*Select 8 values from the following: 12, 25, 37, 50, 63, 75, 100, 125, 150, 175, 190, 200, 225, 250, 275, 300, 350, 375, 500, 625, 750, 1000, 1250, 1500, 2000, 3000µm (also available in mils on request). Please contact our Sales Department on 0113 2455450 (option 1) or send a message to [email protected] for details and to order.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!