Rust-Oleum 7100NS Anti-Slip Floor Coating is an easy to apply, solvent based anti-slip floor coating: For foot traffic, interior and exterior Anti-slip additive is premixed in the coating For use on old concrete (>2 yrs), metal and wood Unique uniform appearance, high gloss Touch dry: 6 hours, coverage: 8m² per litre Available in...
Smartkote Safekote is a ready-to-use polyurethane coating that provides an attractive, abrasion resistant anti-slip surface. The fine texture is provided by small silica particles which will not hurt bare feet, making it ideal for showers, change rooms, ablution blocks and other surfaces in environments such as hospitals, hotels or children’s playgrounds.
Smartkote Safekote is a ready-to-use polyurethane coating that provides an attractive, abrasion resistant anti-slip surface. Safekote is easy to apply and has an attractive gloss finish. The fine texture is provided by small silica particles which will not hurt bare feet, making it ideal for showers, change rooms, ablution blocks and other surfaces in environments such as hospitals, hotels or children’s playgrounds. This flexible, long lasting coating will provide years of protection to almost any substrate.
Features & Benefits
- Interior & Exterior use
- Small silicone anti-slip particles that are not painful to walk on with bare feet.
- Easy to apply with a brush or roller.
- Bonds to fibreglass, wood and most other surfaces without a primer.
- Can be overcoated or repaired.
- Resists diesel, petroleum and many solvents.
- Good resistance to organic and inorganic acids.
- Abrasion resistant.
- Easy to clean.
- Good inherent flexibility to allow for substrate movement.
- Fast cure- trafficable after only 6 hours.
- Tough and weather resistant.
- Steps and walkways
- On slippery floors exposed to water such as showers, change rooms and ablution blocks.
- Clear Safekote is ideal for providing an anti-slip coating on surfaces such as marble, wood or any other substrate with an aesthetic surface.
- 3 - 4m² per litre per coat. Applied in a 2 coat application. Giving an overall coverage of 1½-2m² per litre.
- Three coats are recommended for high wear areas.
- Coverage will vary depending on the porosity and profile of the surface.
Ensure all substrates are thoroughly dry, clean, sound and free from any contaminants such as dirt, rust, salt, algae and grease. Safekote exhibits good adhesion to most primers. All non-porous substrates with the exception of painted surfaces require a primer. Substrates differ significantly, and so all new applications should be tested for adhesion first.
- Steel: Abrade surface lightly and remove any surface rust or mill scale by sanding, wire brushing, with a chipping hammer or sandblasting. Prime with Smartkote Protectakote 2K Metal Primer as per instructions, within 30 minutes.
- Galvanized Iron: Clean away grease and dirt with a suitable galvanized iron cleaner until a water break-free surface is attained. Rinse well with water and allow to dry. Abrade to provide a key and prime with Smartkote Protectakote 2K Metal Primer the same day as the surface was prepared to avoid re-contamination and flash rust.
- Aluminium: Abrade to fresh metal, clean well using detergent. Prime with Smartkote Protectakote 2K Metal Primer as per instructions within 30 minutes.
- Concrete: Allow new concrete at least 28 days to cure. Non-porous cement must be acid-etched, rinsed well and dried. Prime with Duram Duraprime as per instructions if weak, damp or oil contaminated.
- Wood: Abrade, clean and allow to completely dry before applying Safekote directly. Dilute the first coat with 10% Xylene to aid penetration.
- Fibreglass: Abrade well, solvent wipe with Xylene and apply Safekote directly onto the surface.
- PVC: Abrade and clean well using Xylene. Allow to dry before applying Safekote directly. An adhesion test is recommended prior to use.
- Rubber (nitrile or chloroprene): Clean well using detergent or cleaning solvent such as Xylene. Allow to dry. An adhesion test is recommended prior to use.
- Glazed tiles: Glazed tiles must be cleaned and treated with an organosilane primer eg. Smartkote Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment for adhesion of Safekote.
- Gloss Paints and Varnish: Abrade with a scouring pad or medium grit sandpaper to remove all gloss. Wipe with a solvent, allow to dry and apply Safekote directly.
- Motor Vehicles and Painted Metal: Remove heavy dirt and rust. Previously painted surfaces need to be lightly abraded using a scouring pad or medium grit sandpaper to remove all gloss. Wipe with a solvent, allow to dry and apply Safekote directly.
- Take care when opening as contents may be under pressure.
- Wear safety goggles and protective gloves.
- After substrates have been prepared, ensure they are completely dry, tests for adhesion have been completed and areas not to be coated have been masked off.
- Stir well before use using a flat paddle.
- Always apply a test patch of Safekote to ensure the substrate has been properly prepared and primed. Check adhesion of the coating by cutting a small X in the coating using a utility knife. Firmly apply a piece of packaging tape over the centre of the X cut, then pull off with a fast snap. The adhesion is suitable if no significant coating is removed beyond the X cut. If the coating fails this test, then additional surface preparation is required – repeat the surface preparation steps above.
- Brush-on: Safekote should be “laid” onto the surface with a brush (do not brush backwards and forwards as with an enamel paint). Two coats will result in a final dry film thickness of 0.35 - 0.47mm. Second or subsequent coats should be applied at right angles to the previous coat. Intercoat time is approximately 2 hours or when touch dry, depending on ambient conditions.
- Roller: If applied with a stipple roller, application is quicker and the final texture rougher with greater anti-slip characteristics. Follow same instructions as per Brush-on. Intercoat time is approximately 2 hours or when touch dry, depending on ambient conditions. Safekote can be applied with a short mohair roller or fine foam roller as well.
- Curing time: Safekote cures with atmospheric moisture. The coating will be touch dry in about 2 to 4 hours and allowing light traffic after 9 hours. Full strength and chemical resistance is achieved in 4 to 7 days, but normally the coating can be put to use after 24 hours.
- Accelerated cure: In areas of low atmospheric moisture, temperature or when shorter curing times are required, Smartkote Protectakote UVR Accelerator can be added.
- Overcoating and repair: Safekote can easily be repaired or overcoated. The old surface should be well cleaned and then abraded by wire brush or sandpaper, and damaged surfaces must be cut out to provide an area without loose edges. Follow application instructions. If Safekote is left for more than 24 hours after coating, it should be abraded before recoating to aid intercoat adhesion. If correctly applied, Safekote provides a seamless repair.
- All RAL colours shown for this product are approximations ONLY.
- RAL 6005 Moss Green, 3013 Tomato Red and Cream may be subjected to extended lead times
- Other colours available to order subject to a minimum order of 200 litres - extended lead times apply.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller
- 3 - 4m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 2 Hours
|deleney on 07/02/2019|| |
Hello, I’m looking for a heavy duty white paint to cover previously glossed floorboards in my house. I’m not restricted by gloss or matt finish, just need the one that’s most hard wearing as it’s one of the main rooms used. Can you please recommend. Thank you
Smartkote Safekote would be a good choice, it has a fine texture provided by small silica particles which will not hurt bare feet. Follow the manufacturers advice on preparation and testing for compatibility/adhesion.
|Donna on 13/01/2019|| |
Hi, would this paint be suitable for wetroom floor tiles? Thanks
Glazed tiles can be coated with Smarkote Safekote however they must first be cleaned and treated with Smartkote Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment. Coated areas must not be subject to submersion, only incidental/occasional water contact/splashing.
Anglo Floor Paint Slip Resistant Grade dust proofs, seals and transforms drab concrete floors. It is easy to apply and dries quickly to a tough, mid-gloss finish and is ideal for slippery concrete floors, the anti slip aggregate is pre-blended with the paint to produce a more evenly textured finish.
Sikafloor 264 N Thixo is a two part, economic, coloured epoxy resin textured roller and seal coat. This Sikafloor product is solvent free, thixothropic grade for high build textured and structured finishes.
Coo-Var Anti-Slip Acrylic Floor Paint is used to provide a durable and hard-wearing surface with an anti-slip finish. ADVANTAGES Internal/external use Low odour Fast drying Water-based 68 PTV rating in dry 58 PTV rating in wet
Ennis-Flint MMAXGrip PRMX 45 is designed as a versatile MMA coating for application to bituminous substrates, possesses excellent abrasion-resistance and non-skid properties and was developed specifically as a heavy-duty surfacing and can be applied to asphalt substrates without a primer. The product is used as a priming surfacer, a topping layer and...
Smartkote Protectakote is a single component, ready-to-use, anti-slip coating with polyurethane performance for ultimate toughness. The course profile textured surface is ideal for interior floors, factory work-stations, walkways, stairs, ramps, vehicles and other areas where a flexible, durable and long lasting anti-slip surface is important....
703 MMA Flexible Anti-Slip Coating is a fast curing, flexible coating for interior or exterior tarmac and asphalt surfaces enhanced by the incorporation of slip resistant aggregates premixed into the resin.
Smartkote Protectakote UVR is a tough anti-slip aliphatic polyurethane coating, which forms a colour-fast, abrasion and weather resistant film. Protectakote UVR is single component, ready to use and easy to apply. Protectakote UVR is easy to apply and ideal to create anti-slip areas on exterior and interior surfaces.
501 Anti Slip Floor Paint is a ready mixed floor coating which creates a textured surface with excellent grip properties for foot and light truck traffic areas. Ideal anywhere anti slip properties are important providing durability, decoration and protection.
Ennis-Flint Stonegrip is a specialist, hand applied surface treatment, consisting of a thermosetting, modified epoxy resin binder, dressed with a decorative aggregate. A wide range of aggregates are available comprising of different colours and sizes.
Resugrip is a high-build, pigment and solvent-free polyurethane floor binder for when anti-slip is essential. It is designed to be added to surface dressing with aggregates and is very hard-wearing. ADVANTAGES Good chemical resistance High bond strength Will cure at temperatures down to 5°C Coloured aggregates are available to make it decorative...
Axalta Highway Anti-Skid Traffic Paint is a highly durable, fast drying, low-slip traffic paint based on a specially modified chlorinated rubber system. The coating is coloured with chemical and weather resistant pigments. developed as a traffic line / parking bay paint with low-slip properties, suitable for application to asphalt, concrete, block paving...
Ennis-Flint MMAXGRIP PRMX 65 is a MMA-based coating that was developed specifically for application to public main roads and side streets as well as other traffic zones. Its special properties make MMAXGRIP PRMX 65 particularly suitable for surfaces where coloured road markings are required on main roads and side streets in urban areas and elsewhere.
Nu-Base SP Floor Finish is a fast-drying floor paint for protecting flooring substrates from mild chemicals and solvents, whilst giving an excellent decorative appearance. Advantages Fast-drying Standard or non-slip versions Available in all RAL colours Interior and exterior use Fast-drying 12-month shelf life
Blackfriar Anti-Slip Deck Coating allows the beauty of wood and timber decking to show through. ADVANTAGES Provides a slip-resistant surface in wet conditions Clear, low sheen finish Ideal for foot traffic Can be applied over new or existing decking stains or bare timber Micro-aggregates give increased grip Excellent coverage
503 Easy Clean Anti Slip Coating is a high-build epoxy resin coating containing a hard wearing fine particle anti slip additive that is pre-dispersed into the resin and held in suspension. The result providers a ready to use product that leaves an evenly textured, slip resistant surface that is easy to clean and extremely durable.