Smartkote Protectakote WB is a water-based anti-slip polyurethane coating. Its textured finish is ideal to create safe, anti-slip walkways, steps and ramps on light industrial and commercial floors, for both interior and exterior applications. This water-based solvent-free formulation is weather resistant, has a low odour, and is...
Smartkote Safekote is a ready-to-use polyurethane coating that provides an attractive, abrasion resistant anti-slip surface. The fine texture is provided by small silica particles which will not hurt bare feet, making it ideal for showers, change rooms, ablution blocks and other surfaces in environments such as hospitals, hotels or children’s playgrounds.
Smartkote Safekote is a ready-to-use polyurethane coating that provides an attractive, abrasion resistant anti-slip surface. Safekote is easy to apply and has an attractive gloss finish. The fine texture is provided by small silica particles which will not hurt bare feet, making it ideal for showers, change rooms, ablution blocks and other surfaces in environments such as hospitals, hotels or children’s playgrounds. This flexible, long lasting coating will provide years of protection to almost any substrate.
Features & Benefits
- Interior & Exterior use
- Small silicone anti-slip particles that are not painful to walk on with bare feet.
- Easy to apply with a brush or roller.
- Bonds to fibreglass, wood and most other surfaces without a primer.
- Can be overcoated or repaired.
- Resists diesel, petroleum and many solvents.
- Good resistance to organic and inorganic acids.
- Abrasion resistant.
- Easy to clean.
- Good inherent flexibility to allow for substrate movement.
- Fast cure- trafficable after only 6 hours.
- Tough and weather resistant.
- Steps and walkways
- On slippery floors exposed to water such as showers, change rooms and ablution blocks.
- Clear Safekote is ideal for providing an anti-slip coating on surfaces such as marble, wood or any other substrate with an aesthetic surface.
- 3 - 4m² per litre per coat. Applied in a 2 coat application. Giving an overall coverage of 1½-2m² per litre.
- Three coats are recommended for high wear areas.
- Coverage will vary depending on the porosity and profile of the surface.
Ensure all substrates are thoroughly dry, clean, sound and free from any contaminants such as dirt, rust, salt, algae and grease. Safekote exhibits good adhesion to most primers. All non-porous substrates with the exception of painted surfaces require a primer. Substrates differ significantly, and so all new applications should be tested for adhesion first.
- Steel: Abrade surface lightly and remove any surface rust or mill scale by sanding, wire brushing, with a chipping hammer or sandblasting. Prime with Smartkote Protectakote 2K Metal Primer as per instructions, within 30 minutes.
- Galvanized Iron: Clean away grease and dirt with a suitable galvanized iron cleaner until a water break-free surface is attained. Rinse well with water and allow to dry. Abrade to provide a key and prime with Smartkote Protectakote 2K Metal Primer the same day as the surface was prepared to avoid re-contamination and flash rust.
- Aluminium: Abrade to fresh metal, clean well using detergent. Prime with Smartkote Protectakote 2K Metal Primer as per instructions within 30 minutes.
- Concrete: Allow new concrete at least 28 days to cure. Non-porous cement must be acid-etched, rinsed well and dried. Prime with Duram Duraprime as per instructions if weak, damp or oil contaminated.
- Wood: Abrade, clean and allow to completely dry before applying Safekote directly. Dilute the first coat with 10% Xylene to aid penetration.
- Fibreglass: Abrade well, solvent wipe with Xylene and apply Safekote directly onto the surface.
- PVC: Abrade and clean well using Xylene. Allow to dry before applying Safekote directly. An adhesion test is recommended prior to use.
- Rubber (nitrile or chloroprene): Clean well using detergent or cleaning solvent such as Xylene. Allow to dry. An adhesion test is recommended prior to use.
- Glazed tiles: Glazed tiles must be cleaned and treated with an organosilane primer eg. Smartkote Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment for adhesion of Safekote.
- Gloss Paints and Varnish: Abrade with a scouring pad or medium grit sandpaper to remove all gloss. Wipe with a solvent, allow to dry and apply Safekote directly.
- Motor Vehicles and Painted Metal: Remove heavy dirt and rust. Previously painted surfaces need to be lightly abraded using a scouring pad or medium grit sandpaper to remove all gloss. Wipe with a solvent, allow to dry and apply Safekote directly.
- Take care when opening as contents may be under pressure.
- Wear safety goggles and protective gloves.
- After substrates have been prepared, ensure they are completely dry, tests for adhesion have been completed and areas not to be coated have been masked off.
- Stir well before use using a flat paddle.
- Always apply a test patch of Safekote to ensure the substrate has been properly prepared and primed. Check adhesion of the coating by cutting a small X in the coating using a utility knife. Firmly apply a piece of packaging tape over the centre of the X cut, then pull off with a fast snap. The adhesion is suitable if no significant coating is removed beyond the X cut. If the coating fails this test, then additional surface preparation is required – repeat the surface preparation steps above.
- Brush-on: Safekote should be “laid” onto the surface with a brush (do not brush backwards and forwards as with an enamel paint). Two coats will result in a final dry film thickness of 0.35 - 0.47mm. Second or subsequent coats should be applied at right angles to the previous coat. Intercoat time is approximately 2 hours or when touch dry, depending on ambient conditions.
- Roller: Follow same instructions as per Brush-on. Intercoat time is approximately 2 hours or when touch dry, depending on ambient conditions. Recommended roller types for Safekote are short mohair roller or fine foam roller.
- Curing time: Safekote cures with atmospheric moisture. The coating will be touch dry in about 2 to 4 hours and allowing light traffic after 9 hours. Full strength and chemical resistance is achieved in 4 to 7 days, but normally the coating can be put to use after 24 hours.
- Accelerated cure: In areas of low atmospheric moisture, temperature or when shorter curing times are required, Smartkote Protectakote UVR Accelerator can be added.
- Overcoating and repair: Safekote can easily be repaired or overcoated. The old surface should be well cleaned and then abraded by wire brush or sandpaper, and damaged surfaces must be cut out to provide an area without loose edges. Follow application instructions. If Safekote is left for more than 24 hours after coating, it should be abraded before recoating to aid intercoat adhesion. If correctly applied, Safekote provides a seamless repair.
- All RAL colours shown for this product are approximations ONLY.
- RAL 6005 Moss Green, 3013 Tomato Red and Cream may be subjected to extended lead times
- Other colours available to order subject to a minimum order of 200 litres - extended lead times apply.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller
- 3 - 4m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 2 Hours
|kingsley jackson on 16/09/2019|| |
thanks for the infp, but as I have 4 large decking areas around the house one ltr would not go very far, any offers on 15 to 20 ltrs?
We're not sure what you're referring to here but if you click the drop down arrow next to the size showing 1 litre, you will also see this product comes in 4 litre tin sizes too.
|deleney on 07/02/2019|| |
Hello, I’m looking for a heavy duty white paint to cover previously glossed floorboards in my house. I’m not restricted by gloss or matt finish, just need the one that’s most hard wearing as it’s one of the main rooms used. Can you please recommend. Thank you
Smartkote Safekote would be a good choice, it has a fine texture provided by small silica particles which will not hurt bare feet. Follow the manufacturers advice on preparation and testing for compatibility/adhesion.
|Donna on 13/01/2019|| |
Hi, would this paint be suitable for wetroom floor tiles? Thanks
Glazed tiles can be coated with Smarkote Safekote however they must first be cleaned and treated with Smartkote Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment. Coated areas must not be subject to submersion, only incidental/occasional water contact/splashing.
502 HD Anti Slip Coating is applied by brush or roller in one thick, durable coat and it will provide a heavily textured finish incorporating an anti-slip aggregate which is dispersed within the material upon application. Each pack contains sufficient material to provide a slip resistant epoxy coating system to 5 square metres of surface.
Blackfriar Professional Anti-Slip Floor Paint is an attractive, tough, durable and high opacity floor coating. Contains special aggregates for outstanding slip resistance. Useful for areas where safety is paramount, either internally or externally. Product Features Excellent slip-resistance Tough and durable coating Resists grease and...
Teamac Suregrip Deck Paint, is a modified alkyd, ready mixed, aggregated deck coating which provides a rough anti-slip finish when dry Suitable for: Foot traffic Light truck traffic Use on wood Use on metal Use on concrete Use on GRP Available in a range of colours Click to jump down to Technical Data
Sherwin-Williams Epidek M339 is a 3-pack epoxy high build anti-slip deck coating designed for spray application using suitable equipment as a high profile anti-slip deck paint. It may also be applied directly to suitable sound deck coatings.
Smartkote Protectakote is a single component, ready-to-use, anti-slip coating with polyurethane performance for ultimate toughness. The course profile textured surface is ideal for interior floors, factory work-stations, walkways, stairs, ramps, vehicles and other areas where a flexible, durable and long lasting anti-slip surface is important....
Blackfriar Anti-Slip Step Paint is specially designed for steps. It contains an aggregate that helps to reduce the risk of slipping, while providing an attractive hardwearing finish. Useful for areas that see a lot of footfall where safety is a concern. Product Features Anti-slip - added aggregate helps reduce slipping. Interior and...
Blackfriar Anti-Slip Deck Coating provides all types of exterior timber decking and walkways with a protective, slip-resistant surface. Containing micro-aggregates for added safety, this coating gives increased grip in wet conditions while allowing the beauty of wood to show through. Product Features Provides a slip-resistant surface in...
Smartkote Protectakote UVR is a tough anti-slip aliphatic polyurethane coating, which forms a colour-fast, abrasion and weather resistant film. Protectakote UVR is single component, ready to use and easy to apply. Protectakote UVR is easy to apply and ideal to create anti-slip areas on exterior and interior surfaces. Coverage Calculator
A one coat, hard wearing epoxy resin anti-slip coating for concrete, stone, metal and wood. Solvent-free and virtually odour-free, Rust-Oleum SuperGrip Treadsafe is finished with hard-wearing carborundum particles and will easily withstand heavy traffic including forklift trucks and harsh chemicals. Tough, long lasting finish Coarse...
Coo-Var® Suregrip® Anti-Slip Floor Paint is already-mixed floor coating for suitably primed concrete, wood, metal and GRP which provides a rough, anti-slip finish when dry. Suregrip provides durability, decoration and protection. Suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Ideal For: Boats Steps and stairways Disabled ramps...
Jotun Jota Armour WG is a Winter Grade version of the standard Jota Armour to allow faster curing in lower temperatures. It is a three component, abrasion resistant, polyamine cured epoxy coating specially designed as an anti-skid coating. Suitable for approved primers or directly on concrete substrates.
Nu-Base SP Floor Finish is a fast-drying floor paint for protecting flooring substrates from mild chemicals and solvents, whilst giving an excellent decorative appearance. Advantages Fast-drying Standard or non-slip versions Available in all RAL colours Interior and exterior use Fast-drying 12-month shelf life
Cemcrete Primer (formerley known as R.S. Cemprime), a single pack copolymer emulsion designed purposely as a primer for porous substrates, stabilising and sealing substrates, effectively promoting adhesion that will allow self-smoothing compounds to be applied directly. Single pack Easy to use and apply Can be used as a dust sealer Water...
Resubind CP, a 3 component, non-pigmented, solvent-free polyurethane binder designed for car park decks, walkways and driveways, surface dressed with aggregates to create non-slip, hard wearing, textured floor finishes. Can be used in interior or exterior car park decks on a variety of substrates. Different aggregates can be used to create...
506 Anti Slip Dressing is sold in 10m² packs with each contain a flexible binding resin and decorative aggregate to create a 'stone carpet' finish which gives the appearance of loose aggregate, but avoids maintenance problems. Primarily used on outdoor walkways and concourse areas but can also be used internally to reflect the natural beauty of the outdoors.