Sikafloor 264 N Thixo is a two part, economic, coloured epoxy resin textured roller and seal coat. This Sikafloor product is solvent free, thixothropic grade for high build textured and structured finishes.
Smartkote Safekote is a ready-to-use polyurethane coating that provides an attractive, abrasion resistant anti-slip surface. The fine texture is provided by small silica particles which will not hurt bare feet, making it ideal for showers, change rooms, ablution blocks and other surfaces in environments such as hospitals, hotels or children’s playgrounds.
Smartkote Safekote is a ready-to-use polyurethane coating that provides an attractive, abrasion resistant anti-slip surface. Safekote is easy to apply and has an attractive gloss finish. The fine texture is provided by small silica particles which will not hurt bare feet, making it ideal for showers, change rooms, ablution blocks and other surfaces in environments such as hospitals, hotels or children’s playgrounds. This flexible, long lasting coating will provide years of protection to almost any substrate.
Features & Benefits
- Interior & Exterior use
- Small silicone anti-slip particles that are not painful to walk on with bare feet.
- Easy to apply with a brush or roller.
- Bonds to fibreglass, wood and most other surfaces without a primer.
- Can be overcoated or repaired.
- Resists diesel, petroleum and many solvents.
- Good resistance to organic and inorganic acids.
- Abrasion resistant.
- Easy to clean.
- Good inherent flexibility to allow for substrate movement.
- Fast cure- trafficable after only 6 hours.
- Tough and weather resistant.
- Steps and walkways
- On slippery floors exposed to water such as showers, change rooms and ablution blocks.
- Clear Safekote is ideal for providing an anti-slip coating on surfaces such as marble, wood or any other substrate with an aesthetic surface.
- 3 - 4m² per litre per coat. Applied in a 2 coat application. Giving an overall coverage of 1½-2m² per litre.
- Three coats are recommended for high wear areas.
- Coverage will vary depending on the porosity and profile of the surface.
Ensure all substrates are thoroughly dry, clean, sound and free from any contaminants such as dirt, rust, salt, algae and grease. Safekote exhibits good adhesion to most primers. All non-porous substrates with the exception of painted surfaces require a primer. Substrates differ significantly, and so all new applications should be tested for adhesion first.
- Steel: Abrade surface lightly and remove any surface rust or mill scale by sanding, wire brushing, with a chipping hammer or sandblasting. Prime with Smartkote Protectakote 2K Metal Primer as per instructions, within 30 minutes.
- Galvanized Iron: Clean away grease and dirt with a suitable galvanized iron cleaner until a water break-free surface is attained. Rinse well with water and allow to dry. Abrade to provide a key and prime with Smartkote Protectakote 2K Metal Primer the same day as the surface was prepared to avoid re-contamination and flash rust.
- Aluminium: Abrade to fresh metal, clean well using detergent. Prime with Smartkote Protectakote 2K Metal Primer as per instructions within 30 minutes.
- Concrete: Allow new concrete at least 28 days to cure. Non-porous cement must be acid-etched, rinsed well and dried. Prime with Duram Duraprime as per instructions if weak, damp or oil contaminated.
- Wood: Abrade, clean and allow to completely dry before applying Safekote directly. Dilute the first coat with 10% Xylene to aid penetration.
- Fibreglass: Abrade well, solvent wipe with Xylene and apply Safekote directly onto the surface.
- PVC: Abrade and clean well using Xylene. Allow to dry before applying Safekote directly. An adhesion test is recommended prior to use.
- Rubber (nitrile or chloroprene): Clean well using detergent or cleaning solvent such as Xylene. Allow to dry. An adhesion test is recommended prior to use.
- Glazed tiles: Glazed tiles must be cleaned and treated with an organosilane primer eg. Smartkote Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment for adhesion of Safekote.
- Gloss Paints and Varnish: Abrade with a scouring pad or medium grit sandpaper to remove all gloss. Wipe with a solvent, allow to dry and apply Safekote directly.
- Motor Vehicles and Painted Metal: Remove heavy dirt and rust. Previously painted surfaces need to be lightly abraded using a scouring pad or medium grit sandpaper to remove all gloss. Wipe with a solvent, allow to dry and apply Safekote directly.
- Take care when opening as contents may be under pressure.
- Wear safety goggles and protective gloves.
- After substrates have been prepared, ensure they are completely dry, tests for adhesion have been completed and areas not to be coated have been masked off.
- Stir well before use using a flat paddle.
- Always apply a test patch of Safekote to ensure the substrate has been properly prepared and primed. Check adhesion of the coating by cutting a small X in the coating using a utility knife. Firmly apply a piece of packaging tape over the centre of the X cut, then pull off with a fast snap. The adhesion is suitable if no significant coating is removed beyond the X cut. If the coating fails this test, then additional surface preparation is required – repeat the surface preparation steps above.
- Brush-on: Safekote should be “laid” onto the surface with a brush (do not brush backwards and forwards as with an enamel paint). Two coats will result in a final dry film thickness of 0.35 - 0.47mm. Second or subsequent coats should be applied at right angles to the previous coat. Intercoat time is approximately 2 hours or when touch dry, depending on ambient conditions.
- Roller: Follow same instructions as per Brush-on. Intercoat time is approximately 2 hours or when touch dry, depending on ambient conditions. Recommended roller types for Safekote are short mohair roller or fine foam roller.
- Curing time: Safekote cures with atmospheric moisture. The coating will be touch dry in about 2 to 4 hours and allowing light traffic after 9 hours. Full strength and chemical resistance is achieved in 4 to 7 days, but normally the coating can be put to use after 24 hours.
- Accelerated cure: In areas of low atmospheric moisture, temperature or when shorter curing times are required, Smartkote Protectakote UVR Accelerator can be added.
- Overcoating and repair: Safekote can easily be repaired or overcoated. The old surface should be well cleaned and then abraded by wire brush or sandpaper, and damaged surfaces must be cut out to provide an area without loose edges. Follow application instructions. If Safekote is left for more than 24 hours after coating, it should be abraded before recoating to aid intercoat adhesion. If correctly applied, Safekote provides a seamless repair.
- All RAL colours shown for this product are approximations ONLY.
- RAL 6005 Moss Green, 3013 Tomato Red and Cream may be subjected to extended lead times
- Other colours available to order subject to a minimum order of 200 litres - extended lead times apply.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller
- 3 - 4m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 2 Hours
|deleney on 07/02/2019|| |
Hello, I’m looking for a heavy duty white paint to cover previously glossed floorboards in my house. I’m not restricted by gloss or matt finish, just need the one that’s most hard wearing as it’s one of the main rooms used. Can you please recommend. Thank you
Smartkote Safekote would be a good choice, it has a fine texture provided by small silica particles which will not hurt bare feet. Follow the manufacturers advice on preparation and testing for compatibility/adhesion.
|Donna on 13/01/2019|| |
Hi, would this paint be suitable for wetroom floor tiles? Thanks
Glazed tiles can be coated with Smarkote Safekote however they must first be cleaned and treated with Smartkote Protectakote Clear Primer Treatment. Coated areas must not be subject to submersion, only incidental/occasional water contact/splashing.
503 Easy Clean Anti Slip Coating is a high-build epoxy resin coating containing a hard wearing fine particle anti slip additive that is pre-dispersed into the resin and held in suspension. The result providers a ready to use product that leaves an evenly textured, slip resistant surface that is easy to clean and extremely durable.
Nu-Base SP Floor Finish is a fast-drying floor paint for protecting flooring substrates from mild chemicals and solvents, whilst giving an excellent decorative appearance. Advantages Fast-drying Standard or non-slip versions Available in all RAL colours Interior and exterior use Fast-drying 12-month shelf life
Blackfriar Anti-Slip Deck Coating allows the beauty of wood and timber decking to show through. ADVANTAGES Provides a slip-resistant surface in wet conditions Clear, low sheen finish Ideal for foot traffic Can be applied over new or existing decking stains or bare timber Micro-aggregates give increased grip Excellent coverage
Smartkote Protectakote WB is a water-based anti-slip polyurethane coating. Its textured finish is ideal to create safe, anti-slip walkways, steps and ramps on light industrial and commercial floors, for both interior and exterior applications. This water-based solvent-free formulation is weather resistant, has a low odour, and is...
Ennis-Flint MMAXGrip PRMX 45 is designed as a versatile MMA coating for application to bituminous substrates, possesses excellent abrasion-resistance and non-skid properties and was developed specifically as a heavy-duty surfacing and can be applied to asphalt substrates without a primer. The product is used as a priming surfacer, a topping layer and...
501 Anti Slip Floor Paint is a ready mixed floor coating which creates a textured surface with excellent grip properties for foot and light truck traffic areas. Ideal anywhere anti slip properties are important providing durability, decoration and protection.
Anti-slip marine coating specially made for the decks of sea faring vessels which is a ready mixed, aggregated coating which provides a rough anti-slip finish when dry to provide extra protection for crew-members while traversing the deck of a boat in motion or vessel in rough seas.
502 HD Anti Slip Coating is applied by brush or roller in one thick, durable coat and it will provide a heavily textured finish incorporating an anti-slip aggregate which is dispersed within the material upon application. Each pack contains sufficient material to provide a slip resistant epoxy coating system to 5 square metres of surface.
Remmers Epoxy SIC Color is a textured, dissipative, hard grain coating that is conductive, provides slip-resistance, withstands mechanical/chemical loads and is physiologically harmless after curing.
Ennis-Flint MMAXGRIP PRMX 65 is a MMA-based coating that was developed specifically for application to public main roads and side streets as well as other traffic zones. Its special properties make MMAXGRIP PRMX 65 particularly suitable for surfaces where coloured road markings are required on main roads and side streets in urban areas and elsewhere.
506 Anti Slip Dressing is sold in 10m² packs with each contain a flexible binding resin and decorative aggregate to create a 'stone carpet' finish which gives the appearance of loose aggregate, but avoids maintenance problems. Primarily used on outdoor walkways and concourse areas but can also be used internally to reflect the natural beauty of the outdoors.
Smartkote Protectakote is a single component, ready-to-use, anti-slip coating with polyurethane performance for ultimate toughness. The course profile textured surface is ideal for interior floors, factory work-stations, walkways, stairs, ramps, vehicles and other areas where a flexible, durable and long lasting anti-slip surface is important....
Resugrip is a high-build, pigment and solvent-free polyurethane floor binder for when anti-slip is essential. It is designed to be added to surface dressing with aggregates and is very hard-wearing. ADVANTAGES Good chemical resistance High bond strength Will cure at temperatures down to 5°C Coloured aggregates are available to make it decorative...
Jotun Jota Armour WG is a Winter Grade version of the standard Jota Armour to allow faster curing in lower temperatures. It is a three component, abrasion resistant, polyamine cured epoxy coating specially designed as an anti-skid coating. Suitable for approved primers or directly on concrete substrates.
Sherwin-Williams Epidek M339 is a 3-pack epoxy high build anti-slip deck coating designed for spray application using suitable equipment as a high profile anti-slip deck paint. It may also be applied directly to suitable sound deck coatings.