Blackfriar Professional Anti-Slip Floor Paint is an attractive, tough, durable and high opacity floor coating. Contains special aggregates for outstanding slip resistance. Useful for areas where safety is paramount, either internally or externally. Product Features Excellent slip-resistance Tough and durable coating Resists grease and...
Smartkote Protectakote WB Smooth
Smartkote Protectakote WB Smooth is a water-based, smooth polyurethane coating. This water-based solvent-free formulation is weather resistant, has a low odour, and is non-flammable for both interior and exterior applications. It’s enhanced with polyurethane for ultimate toughness, with excellent resistance to abrasion, chemicals and solvents.
Smartkote Protectakote WB Smooth is a water-based, smooth polyurethane coating. This water-based solvent-free formulation is weather resistant, has a low odour, and is non-flammable for both interior and exterior applications. It’s enhanced with polyurethane for ultimate toughness, with excellent resistance to abrasion, chemicals and solvents. The single pack is ready to use, easy to apply and fast drying. A textured, anti-slip version is also available.
Features & Benefits
- Water-based - low odour, non-flammable and weather resistant.
- Easy to clean up – simply use water before it cures.
- Single component – ready to use direct from can.
- Easy to apply – no skilled labour required.
- Fast drying.
- Polyurethane performance – ultimate toughness.
- Smooth finish.
- Flexible – won’t chip, flake or peel.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, chemicals and solvents.
- Prevents rust and corrosion.
- Excellent capacity to repel water.
- High adhesion to most surfaces including metal, cement, wood, fibre-glass and PVC.
- Can be overcoated.
- Repairable – bonds to itself.
- Will not taint water or food once cured.
- Smartkote Protectakote WB Smooth is suitable for interior and exterior use.
- Smartkote Protectakote WB Smooth can be applied to metal, cement, wood, fibre-glass, PVC and previously painted surfaces.
- The smooth finish is ideal as a protective coating and can also be used to refurbish textured areas without adding more profile.
Surface Preparation & Priming
Ensure all substrates are thoroughly dry, clean, sound and free from any contaminants such as dirt, rust, salt, algae and grease. Protectakote WB Smooth exhibits good adhesion to most primers. All non-porous substrates with the exception of painted surfaces require a primer. Substrates differ significantly, and so all new applications should be tested for adhesion first.
- Steel: Abrade surface lightly and remove any surface rust or mill scale by sanding, wire brushing, with a chipping hammer or sandblasting. Prime with Smartkote Protectakote 2K Metal Primer as per instructions, within 30 minutes.
- Galvanized Iron: Clean away grease and dirt with a suitable galvanized iron cleaner until a water break-free surface is attained. Rinse well with water and allow to dry. Abrade to provide a key and prime with Smartkote Protectakote 2K Metal Primer the same day as the surface was prepared to avoid re-contamination and flash rust.
- Aluminium: Abrade to fresh metal, clean well using detergent. Prime with Smartkote Protectakote 2K Metal Primer as per instructions within 30 minutes.
- Concrete: Allow new concrete at least 28 days to cure. Old and new cement or concrete surfaces must be acid-etched, rinsed well and dried. Prime with an epoxy primer as per instructions if damp or oil contaminated.
- Wood: Abrade with a scouring pad or medium grit sandpaper and clean the surface. Wood must be dry or sealed before applying Protectakote WB Smooth directly.
- Fibre-glass: Lightly abrade and clean surface thoroughly with water. Allow to dry, then apply Protectakote WB Smooth direct.
- PVC: Abrade and clean well with water. Allow to dry before applying Protectakote WB Smooth direct.
- Gloss Paints and Varnish: Abrade with a scouring pad or medium grit sandpaper to remove all gloss. Clean away sanding dust and allow to dry thoroughly. Apply Protectakote WB Smooth directly.
- Motor Vehicles and Painted Metal: Remove heavy dirt and rust. Previously painted surfaces need to be lightly abraded using a scouring pad or medium grit sandpaper to remove all gloss. Clean away sanding dust and allow to dry thoroughly. Apply Protectakote WB Smooth directly.
- Ensure substrates have been prepared.
- Ensure areas not to be coated have been masked off.
- Stir well before use using a flat paddle.
- Always apply a test patch of Protectakote WB Smooth to ensure the substrate has been properly prepared and primed. Check adhesion of the coating by cutting a small X in the coating using a utility knife. Firmly apply a piece of packaging tape over the centre of the X cut, then pull off with a fast snap. The adhesion is suitable if no significant coating is removed beyond the X cut. If the coating fails this test, then additional surface preparation is required – repeat the above steps.
- Protectakote WB Smooth should be applied in a number of thin coats. Although gas is not evolved during the curing process as with solvent-based Protectakote versions and pinholes will not occur, a number of thin coats will dry faster than a single thick coat.
- Brush-on: Protectakote WB Smooth should be “laid” onto the surface with a brush (do not brush backwards and forwards as with an enamel paint). Second or subsequent coats should be applied at right angles to the previous coat. Intercoat time is approximately 2 hours, when touch dry, depending on ambient conditions.
- Roller: Follow same instructions as per Brush-on. Intercoat time is approximately 2 hours, when touch dry, depending on ambient conditions.
- Curing time: Protectakote WB Smooth cures by evaporation. The coating will be touch dry in about 2 to 4 hours and allowing light traffic after 12 hours. Full strength and chemical resistance is achieved in 4 to 7 days, but normally the coating can be put to use after 24 hours.
- Overcoating and repair: Protectakote WB Smooth can easily be repaired or overcoated. The old surface should be well cleaned and then abraded by wire brush or sandpaper, and damaged surfaces must be cut out to provide an area without loose edges. Follow application instructions. If Protectakote WB Smooth is left for more than 24 hours after coating, it should be abraded before recoating to aid intercoat adhesion. If correctly done, Protectakote WB Smooth provides a seamless repair.
- Presealed: Directly apply a single coat of Protectakote WB Smooth in a cross-hatch method, taking care to not miss any areas. Inspect while wet to ensure that all areas have been coated.
- Unsealed: Directly apply two coats of Protectakote WB Smooth at right angles to one another. The second coat may be applied after 2-3 hours or as soon as touch-dry, but within 24 hours.
- 4m² per litre, per coat. Applied in a 2 coat application. Giving an overall coverage of 2m² per litre.
- Three coats are recommended for high wear areas.
- Coverage will vary depending on the porosity and profile of the surface.
- Uncured Protectakote WB Smooth: Can be cleaned in its uncured state using water.
- Cured Protectakote WB Smooth: Can be removed with MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone) or by mechanical means.
- Remove any spills immediately as Protectakote WB is very difficult to remove once cured.
- Use hot soapy water to clean the coating.
- Please read all instructions carefully before starting the project.
- Proper surface preparation is critical for successful application of Protectakote WB Smooth.
- Do not thin with any solvent. Water is recommended as an appropriate thinning agent.
- Do not apply to bare metal without an appropriate primer.
- All RAL colours shown for this product are approximations ONLY.
- Other colours available to order subject to a minimum order of 200 litres - extended lead times apply.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller
- 4m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 2 Hours
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Blackfriar Anti-Slip Deck Coating provides all types of exterior timber decking and walkways with a protective, slip-resistant surface. Containing micro-aggregates for added safety, this coating gives increased grip in wet conditions while allowing the beauty of wood to show through. Product Features Provides a slip-resistant surface in...
Remmers PUR Grip 100 is a solvent free, flexible, three component, fast cure anti-skid system used as an anti-skid system onto various surfaces. It offers a degree of flexibility and can be used inside and out. Ideal for metal bridge decks, loading bays, pedestrian walkways, ramps and car parks, footpaths, roads and pavements, driveways,...
Jotun Jota Armour is a three component, abrasion resistant, polyamine cured epoxy coating specially designed as an anti-skid coating. Suitable for approved primers or directly on concrete substrates - such as helidecks, walkways, ramps, weigh bridge decks, decks in general where abrasion resistance and non-slip properties are required.
Epo-Flex FX (formerly known as Resuflor FX), a 3-part self-smoothing polyurethane modified epoxy resin floor finish designed for industrial use, providing a hard wearing gloss finish between 2.5 - 3 mm thickness, which has a degree of seamless flexibility. Recommended for use in buildings with plywood or chipboard floor substrates, retail...
506 Anti Slip Dressing is sold in 10m² packs with each contain a flexible binding resin and decorative aggregate to create a 'stone carpet' finish which gives the appearance of loose aggregate, but avoids maintenance problems. Primarily used on outdoor walkways and concourse areas but can also be used internally to reflect the natural beauty of the outdoors.
Sikafloor 264 N Thixo is a two part, economic, coloured epoxy resin textured roller and seal coat. This Sikafloor product is solvent free, thixothropic grade for high build textured and structured finishes.
Sherwin-Williams Epidek M339 is a 3-pack epoxy high build anti-slip deck coating designed for spray application using suitable equipment as a high profile anti-slip deck paint. It may also be applied directly to suitable sound deck coatings.
703 MMA Flexible Anti-Slip Coating is a fast curing, flexible coating for interior or exterior tarmac and asphalt surfaces enhanced by the incorporation of slip resistant aggregates premixed into the resin.
A one coat, hard wearing epoxy resin anti-slip coating for concrete, stone, metal and wood. Solvent-free and virtually odour-free, Rust-Oleum SuperGrip Treadsafe is finished with hard-wearing carborundum particles and will easily withstand heavy traffic including forklift trucks and harsh chemicals. Tough, long lasting finish Coarse...
Rust-Oleum 7100NS Anti-Slip Floor Coating is an easy to apply, solvent based anti-slip floor coating: For foot traffic, interior and exterior Anti-slip additive is premixed in the coating For use on old concrete (>2 yrs), metal and wood Unique uniform appearance, high gloss Touch dry: 6 hours, coverage: 8m² per litre Available in...
Jotun Jota Armour WG is a Winter Grade version of the standard Jota Armour to allow faster curing in lower temperatures. It is a three component, abrasion resistant, polyamine cured epoxy coating specially designed as an anti-skid coating. Suitable for approved primers or directly on concrete substrates.
Coo-Var Anti-Slip Acrylic Floor Paint is used to provide a durable and hard wearing surface with an anti-slip finish. This product has been independently tested and has a PTV rating of 68 in dry conditions and 58 in wet. UK law recommends on a minimum Pendulum Test Value on floors of 36 dry, wet or contaminated. Product Features Low...
Coo-Var® Suregrip® Anti-Slip Floor Paint is already-mixed floor coating for suitably primed concrete, wood, metal and GRP which provides a rough, anti-slip finish when dry. Suregrip provides durability, decoration and protection. Suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Ideal For: Boats Steps and stairways Disabled ramps...
A fibre modified concrete for backfilling around manhole frames and gullies and can also be used for surface repairs. HAPAS Approved since 2005 Shrinkage compensated Rapid set: 10-20 minutes 20N/mm² compressive Open to traffic: 90 minutes strength after 90 minutes
Nu-Base SP Floor Finish is a fast-drying floor paint for protecting flooring substrates from mild chemicals and solvents, whilst giving an excellent decorative appearance. Advantages Fast-drying Standard or non-slip versions Available in all RAL colours Interior and exterior use Fast-drying 12-month shelf life