Please note that colours mixed on a TR base are temporarily unavailable - if the colour you require is unavailable in this product please see Wethertex CP80 Clad-Seal Steel & Cladding Coating
- Improved life expectancy (>10 years)
- Improved aesthetic finish
- Improved flow, especially with roller and brush
- Better covering/hiding power with all colours, especially in the darker ones
Rust-Oleum Mathys Metal Cladding Topcoat is a waterborne, semi-gloss acrylic paint specially designed for use as a finish on metal cladding primed with Rust-Oleum Mathys Metal Cladding Primer, Rust-Oleum PVDF Primer or on any metal surface coated with Rust-Oleum Noxyde or Rust-Oleum Noxyde Peganox.
Rust-Oleum Mathys Metal Cladding Topcoat has high filling and hiding power and features excellent flow out with high durability and colour and gloss stability which subsequently means in certain instances can be applied directly to exterior Plastisol wall cladding surfaces (speak to our Technical Department for advice). This provides an extremely cost effective solution to painting cladding when just a simple colour change or rejuvenation coat is required.
Features & Benefits
- Very decorative satin topcoat
- Easy to clean and to maintain
- Excellent flow out for brush, roller or airless spray
- Good coverage even in one coat
- Quick drying
- Long lasting finish and excellent UV-resistance
- Water-based single pack product - Very low VOC
- Use on new, bare, blasted or galvanised steel, plastisol®, zinc, copper, aluminium, PVDF/PVF2 (primer may be needed)
- Tintable to most RAL, NCS and BS colours*
- Density: 1,3
- Gloss Level: Satin
- Corrosion Class: C1/C2 low protection
- Solids content in volume: 33 %
Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%
- Touch dry: 1 hour
- Dry to handle: 5 hours
- Dry to recoat: 8 hours
- Fully cured: 2 days
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
Do not apply in full sun or too hot conditions, to avoid a decreased flow. The product can remain a little sticky if it is used on new Plastisol cladding
*We can mix Rust-Oleum Mathys Metal Cladding Topcoat to virtually any colour with our in-house mixing machine. If you dont see a colour you like just let us know a RAL, British Standard or NCS reference number, or you can send us a physical colour sample and we will match it for you!
Reasons to Paint Cladding;
Over the last 40 years cladding has become the material of choice for many commercial buildings. While the durability of the latest generation of cladding has improved, sooner or later you will face the choice to reclad or refinish your building.
- Extend the lifetime of the cladding by up to 10 years
- Much more cost effective than replacement
- Minimal disturbance of the business processes
- Protect against atmospheric, chemical and mechanical deterioration
- Fully utilise the communication role of the building
- Available in virtually any colour
Guarantees, Warranties and Life Expectancies for Large Cladding Projects
Painting cladding is much more cost effective and less disruptive to the building than replacement. Using our products, it is possible for any competent person to protect and rejuvenate their weathered cladding, improving its life expectancy.
However, often larger cladding projects require some form of ‘guarantee’ for the client and/or building owner to provide peace of mind that the coating system applied to the cladding will last for an agreed period of time.
We offer systems that can be used year round to provide up to 15 years protection when applied by an approved contractor to Plastisol HP200, HPS200, PVF2, Powder Coating, Galvanised Steel and more. More than 15 million squares metres have been protected with our systems that are available in virtually any colour including metallic shades protecting against atmospheric, chemical and mechanical deterioration.
We will visit your site and carry out a full inspection, write a tailored specification to meet your requirements and offer an approved contractor for the application. We will never offer a contractor that we have not trained and approved, all our contractors have successfully completed specific product training on the systems they apply and are monitored regularly to ensure the highest standard of quality is achieved.
By using one of our nationwide approved contractors for our products you enable yourself to take advantage of our guarantees, life expectancies and warranties. This means if we say our system is going to last a certain amount of time, or perform in a certain way and it doesn’t, you’re covered.
If you’re a contractor and would like to become an approved installer of our systems please contact us on 0113 245 5450.