A water based, environmentally friendly cleaner with powerful cleaning and degreasing properties. To be used to degrease and remove oil patches from the surface prior to acid etching or painting. An excellent addition to the cleaning and preparation process.
Hydron SS1 Sterilising Solution
SS1 Sterilising Solution is a specially prepared, ready to use wash for use before painting to protect surfaces against mould or fungi before appyling the Hydron Nu-Cryl System.
- Protects against mould or fungi
- Supplied in 5 & 25 litres
- Colourless solution
- 12-month shelf life
SS1 Sterilising Solution is a specially prepared, ready to use wash for use before painting to protect against mould or fungi with the Hydron Nu-Cryl System. Kills spores of mould and algae and its effective use will enable decoration of the treated surface with minimal risk of re-infection from the old surface.
Product Use in the Workplace
- Hotel - Hotels are large buildings which occupy a significant amount of horizontal and vertical space. This means they are subjected to high amounts of wind, sending dirt, dust and pollutants straight into it. Imagine now a hotel at the seafront, not only subjected to wind, but salty-sea air, the entire hotel battered by the wind, rain and and sand. Tourists are not going to be happy with a hotel that looks unloved.
- Shopping centre - Marble is a common substrate for both internal and external decorative structures at shopping centres. Being a place of high footfall, they are subject to much dirt and pollutants, and if external, are exposed to UV and weathering, which can result in damage and/or a poor aesthetic.
- Paved driveway - A beautifully-laid driveway is as decorative as it is useful. When not being driven, a car needs to be stored somewhere, and on these paved driveways, oil, grease, water and other pollutants drip from the car and leave black and greasy stains on the driveway. Other than being potentially dangerous, it looks unsightly, taking away the appeal of the decorative appearance.
- Public convenience - toilets and wash facilities are one of the most common places you can find graffiti tags and offensive content written on internal and external surfaces. Fight back the easy way, with an anti-graffiti coating!
Features & Benefits
- Protects against mould or fungi.
- Supplied in 5 & 25 litres.
- Colourless solution.
- 12-month shelf life.
Remove grease, dirt and all loose and flaking material. Remove mould or algae with a scraper, stiff brush or power washing. The remaining spores will then be killed by washing down with one or two applications of SS1 Sterilising Solution.
Brush, soft cloth or spray. Serves as the
Store away from direct sunlight and sources of heat. Protect from frost.
Please contact Rawlins Paints' Technical Support Team on 0113 2455450 for more information.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, soft cloth or spray
- 6-8m² per Litre (depending on substrate porosity)
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
If your project involves applying a coating onto external tiled roofs, walls, timber decking or block paving, then Britannia Fungicidal Wash Solution is the ideal pre-treatment to clean fungus and algae from surfaces prior to painting. The product is cleared under the control of pesticides Regulations 1986. Advantages Treats fungal/algal...
Sika Brick and Patio Cleaner is a fast acting acid based formula which dissolves mortar and cement stains, ingrained dirt and most paints on mineral surfaces such as brick, stone, concrete, paving slabs and earthenware. Can be cleaned up after use with cold water.
SS2 Sterilising Solution is a specially prepared, ready to use wash for use before painting to protect against mould or algae with the Hydron Nu-Cryl System. Advantages Kills spores of mould and algae. Prevents the growth of new spores for up to 3 years. Ready to use product. 8-10m² per Litre coverage.
Rust-Oleum Floor Cleaner is an extremely economical daily cleaner for floors, and does not harm or discolour coatings, even alkyd paints, making it an ideal maintenance product for coated floors. It is sold in 5 & 1 litre units for convenience and for heavy pollution it should not be diluted, for daily cleaning a dilution of up to 1:8 is...
SikaBond Wood & Laminate Floor Cleaner is a ready-to-use, spray-applied hard floor cleaner suitable for use on laminate, wood, ceramic, polished stone & vinyl floors, leaving a clean, smear-free surface with a pleasant odour. Easy to use, with no need for dilution, you can just spray and wipe.
Sika Concrete Remover is a highly concentrated, fast acting acid based formula which removes concrete waste and spillage. Sika Concrete Remover also removes ingrained dirt and most paints on mineral surfaces such as brick, render and concrete. Clean up after use is with cold water.
PPG Prep 88 (also known as Duraprep) is a waterborne alkaline cleaner that is ideal for cleaning soiled and chalked surfaces. Free from solvents, phosphates, halogens and petroleum distillates. Top Features Biodegrable Dramatically improves aged overcoatability Freezing point: 25°F (-4°C) Boiling Point: 212°F (100°C)
Rust-Oleum Mathys 108 Surfa Etch Solution is an easy to use, non-flammable and virtually odour free etching solution for the preparation of smooth concrete surfaces, masonry, galvanized steel and aluminum before applying a paint coating system.
Removes excess lime from power floated or very smooth concrete floors, this Acid Etch from Bradite is an ideal pre-treatment for concrete surfaces. Manufactured under the auspices of an ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2004. Advantages Pre-treatment for concrete surfaces Removes excess lime from power floated or very smooth concrete floor...
Coo-Var Acid Etch is a careful blend of acids and wetting agents in solution, used to clean and ‘etch’ concrete/mortared floors and pools prior to painting. ADVANTAGES Removes laitance from concrete/render Removes salts from concrete/render Can be used as a degreaser Removes patches of oil and grease. Essential for good adhesion
Public car parks and driveways inevitably get stained with oil and grease. The unslightly appearance isn't just grubby, it can also be a health and safety hazard. Using Mona-Clean Oil Dispersant will combat this, effectively removing oil and grease; the end result is an aesthetically-pleasing surface. Ideas for Uses Roads and car parks....
Paving can be a breading ground for all sorts of pollution and stains, including soil. The Mona-Clean Paving Cleaner will effectively remove these kinds of nasties, leaving it gleaming and looking great. Advantages Easy to apply; no extensive labour needed. Economical; cost-effective for your wallet. 12-month shelf life; no need to use...