HMG Pre Cat Primefast 2014-04 is designed for use as an etching solution for galvanised steel & zintec.
Click To Jump To Section:
- Features & Benefits
- Product Specification
- Film Thickness Range And Coverage
- Drying Times
- Surface Preparation
- Application Methods
- Product Notes
- Health & Safety
Features & Benefits
- Designed for use as an etching solution for galvanised steel & zintec.
Substrate should be cleaned with clean water once Mordant Wash has reacted (turned black) usually after full dry time
Any areas which have not turned black (usually due to substrate contamination) will need to be re-abraided and mordant wash re-applied.
|HMG Mordant T Wash|
|Storage Conditions:||Store between 5°C - 25°C. When not in use, cans must be kept sealed.|
|Shelf Life:||12 months from delivery date in original sealed containers.|
Film Thickness Range And Coverage
|Dry Film Thickness||Wet Film Thickness|
|Compliant Spray Gun:||n/a||n/a|
Coverage: 20 square metres per litre
- HMG technical data sheets indicate a dry film thickness that will be achieved when applying a particular wet film thickness.
- These values are a guide only and are not to be used as specifications.
- Film thickness will vary depending on actual use and specification.
- Great care should be taken to achieve the dft stated in the agreed specification and to avoid areas of excessively low or high thickness.
|Drying Times At 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||1 hour|
- Ensure surfaces to be coated are dry and must be cleaned using the appropriate HMG product to remove all traces of contaminants.
- Read and follow the safety data sheet, product data sheet and label instructions.
- Stir all paints thoroughly before use.
- Always use the same batch number on the same job.
- Check colour & sheen.
- Filter the product immediately before use.
- Reduce emissions and maintain quality by replacing tin lid after use.
|Compliant Spray Gun|
|Mixing Ratio:||Ready for use|
|Spray Gun Setup:||n/a|
|Number Of Coats (Guide Only):||1|
|Flash Off:||Allow to turn black|
|Information On Basic Physical And Chemical Properties|
|HMG Mordant T Wash|
|Form:||According to product specification|
|Colour:||According to product specification|
|Odour Threshold:||Not determined|
|pH-value 20°C:||Not determined|
|Melting point/freezing point:||Undetermined|
|Initial boiling point and boiling range:||77°C|
|Flammability (solid, gas):||Not applicable|
|Decomposition temperature:||Not determined.|
|Auto-ignition temperature:||Product is not selfigniting.|
|Explosive properties:||"Product is not explosive. However, formation of explosive air vapour mixtures are possible."|
|Explosion limits: Lower:||1.5 Vol %|
|Explosion limits: Upper:||15 Vol %|
|Vapour pressure at 20°C:||59 hPa|
|Density at 20°C:||0.987 g/cm³|
|Relative density:||Not determined|
|Vapour density:||Not determined|
|Evaporation rate:||Not determined|
|Solubility in / Miscibility with water:||NOT MISCIBLE|
|Partition coefficient: n-octanol/water:||Not determined|
|Viscosity: Dynamic at 20°C:||Not determined|
|Viscosity: Kinematic:||Not determined|
|Solvent content: Organic solvents:||33.0% - Water 55.9%|
Health & Safety
- Refer to the safety data sheet in the attachments section above and tin label prior to use.
- HMG Paints Limited
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Mixing Ratio
- Ready for use
- Suitable Substrates
- Steel & zintec
- 0.987 g/cm³
- Solids by Volume
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 12 months from delivery date in original sealed containers.
- 5L and 25L
- UN Number
- Application Method
- Product Type
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
HMG Mordant T Wash is only available with the shipping and delivery timescales listed below - please do not contact our Customer Support Team with enquiries about alternative or earlier shipping and delivery times.
Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Bank Holidays, are not classed as working days.
Orders placed after the cut-off for this product will not be processed for earliest dispatch until 9am the next working day.
All delivery costs below are excluding VAT