Limited colours and sizes available in this sale, don't miss out!
- 5 x 750ml 7338 Dark Green
Rust-Oleum CombiColor Hammertone is a primer and topcoat in one, ideal for various little projects. For a satin, matt or gloss finish, please check out Rust-Oleum CombiColor paint.
It can be applied directly on bare, manually derusted or with CombiPrimer Anti-Corrosion 3369/3380 primed steel. CombiColor Hammertone produces a traditional 'hammered' effect and is available in a brush/roller or aerosol version. It should be used in light industrial exposures, normal humidity and interior applications.
Features & Benefits
- Primer and topcoat in one
- For application onto rust, bare metal and wood
- Hammered finish - high hiding power
- Usable down to 5°C
- Density: 1.0 kg/l
- Gloss Level: Gloss
- Solids content in volume: 41.5%
- Heat Resistance: 90°C (dry heat), at 60 °C discoloration may occur.
Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%
- Touch dry: 1 ½ hours (20°C), 2 hours (10°C), ¾ hours (30°C)
- Dry to handle: 5 hours (20°C), 10 hours (10°C), 3 hours (30°C)
- Dry to recoat: 16 hours (20°C), 24 hours (10°C), 8 hours (30°C)
- Fully cured: 7 days (20°C), 10 days (10°C), 5 days (30°C)
8.0 - 8.5 m²/l, depending on colour.
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
Remove oil, grease and all other contamination by alkaline or high pressure (steam) cleaning in combination with appropriate detergents. Remove rust scale, loose mill scale, loose rust and loose coatings by scraping and wire brushing to St3 (ISO 8501-1: 1988), light blast cleaning or sanding, followed by priming with the recommended CombiPrimer Anti-Corrosion 3369/3380. Sand previous coatings in good condition to provide a key for adhesion and check compatibility. The surface must be clean and dry during application. Galvanised, Zinc and Aluminium surfaces have to be primed first with CombiPrimer Tack Coat 3302.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 5 hours (20°C), 10 hours (10°C), 3 hours (30°C)
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 16 hours (20°C), 24 hours (10°C), 8 hours (30°C)
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 7 days (20°C), 10 days (10°C), 5 days (30°C)
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Rust-Oleum Thinner 7301
- 1.0 kg/l
- Solids by Volume
- Heat Resistance (up-to)
- 90°C (dry heat), at 60 °C discoloration may occur.
- 439 g/l
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 5 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C.
- Touch Dry
- 1.5 hours (brush) / 4 hours (aerosol)
- UN Number
- Not regulated
- 8.0 - 8.5 m²/l, depending on colour.