Rust-Oleum Thinner 22 is for the dilution of synthetic enamels and varnishes for airless application. Degreasing of metals and most wood types. Cleaning of `spots` of acrylic paints and acrylic fixing paints (e.g. on glass). Best used to dilute the following products: Primer 44 Fassiclor Galvaprim Vernac Gloss Vernac Satin More...
Mathys Fassitek is a solvent based wood stain with a base of special alkyd resins. Mathys Fassitek stains are very effective in impregnating wood and protecting many types of wood from weathering and UV rays.
Mathys Fassitek can be applied to both new and previously treated wood, is easy to use, transparent, light-stable and really do justice to the wood grain, resulting in wood that stays looking beautiful and natural for a long time. There is no need to worry about peeling or blistering because Fassitek stains are not film-forming and highly breathable.
Features & Benefits
- Transparent and light-stable
- Penetrates for deep protection
- Non film-forming
- Enhances the wood structure
- Microporous, allows the wood to breathe
- Excellent outdoor durability
- Good protection against UV rays
- Light-stable wood shades - standard colours
- Decorative colours available in the transparent version
- Density: 0,87 - 0,90
- Gloss Level: Semi-Matt
- Solids content in volume: ± 30 %
- Solids Content in weight: ± 38 %
Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%
- Touch dry: 3 hours (15 m²/l)
- Dry to handle: 3 hours (15 m²/l)
- Dry to recoat: 24 hours
10 - 15 m²/l
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
New wood: rub down and make it dust free. Tropical wood is degreased with white spirit, Afzelia with ammonia water. Old stripped paint: rub down up to the bare not impregnated wood fibre and make dust free. Maintenance on Fassitek: clean substrate with white spirit and apply 2 or 3 thin coats.
Apply in a dry and well-ventilated area. > 5°C, < 80% R.H.
Note: Colourless Fassitek is only suitable for internal use.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 3 hours (15 m²/l)
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 24 hours
- 12m² per litre
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Thinner 22
- Min. Application Temperature
- 0,87 - 0,90
- Solids by Volume
- ± 30 %
- 565 g/l max
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 5 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5 and 35°C.
- Touch Dry
- 3 hours (15 m²/l)
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 30 micron (cons.: 10 m²/l)
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 100 micron (cons.: 10 m²/l)
- UN Number
|Lee on 2018-10-03 18:59:11|| |
Can this product be used on internal light oak doors? I'm looking to get a grey colour that is translucent to show the grain. Thanks Lee
Answer from Rawlins’ Technical Team:
Yes, Mathys Fassitek can be used on both interior and exterior timber.
IMPORTANT SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
Mathys Fassitek is only available with the shipping and delivery timescales listed below - please do not contact our Customer Support Team with enquiries about alternative or earlier shipping and delivery times.
Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Bank Holidays, are not classed as working days.
Orders placed after the cut-off for this product will not be processed for earliest dispatch until 9am the next working day.
All delivery costs below are excluding VAT