Mathys Adex is an impregnating agent for wood based on a phenolic resin and Chinese wood oil blend. It strengthens and durably protects untreated or stripped wood.
Mathys Adex is a solvent based impregnating product containing phenolic resins. Used for the impregnation of new exterior wood that is not of first quality or bare exterior wood that is damaged in some way. Mathys Adex reinforces the wood structure and improves the adhesion of the paint or varnish system that is applied on the wood.
Remove old traces of paint or varnish either by scraping or thermal/chemical removal. The wood must be dry sanded, degreased and made dust free if necessary, followed by a coat of Adex. On some very damaged porous wood parts a second coat of Mathys Adex may be necessary.
Features & Benefits
- Strengthens the wood structure
- Improves adhesion of paint
Density: 0,85 - 0,87
Gloss level at 60º: Glossy, after saturation of the wood: ± 90%
Solids content in volume: ± 28 %
Solids Content in weight: ± 35 %
Drying Times At AT 20°C/RH 50%
- Touch dry: 2,5 hours
- Dry to handle: 3 hours
- Dry to recoat: 24 hours
- Fully cured: ± 1 week
± 10 m²/l
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
Remove old traces of paint or varnish either by scraping or thermal or chemical removal (Rapid Super). The wood must be dry sanded, degreased and made dust free, if necessary, followed by a coat of Adex. On some very damaged porous wood parts a second coat may be necessary.
Directions For Use
To ensure homogeneity, coating materials should be thoroughly stirred prior to use.
Work in a dry and well-ventilated area. > 5°C, < 80% R.H.
- Brush: All types. If necessary dilute with white spirit.
- Roller: Not recommended
- Airless Spray: Not recommended
- Air-Atomised Spray: Yes, do not dilute.
- Brush, Spray
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 3 hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 24 hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- ± 1 week
- 10m² per litre
- Max. Application Temperature
- 80% R.H
- Min. Application Temperature
- 0,85 - 0,87
- Solids by Volume
- ± 28 %
- 555 g/l
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 5 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5 and 35°C.
- Touch Dry
- 2.5 hours
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 28 µm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 100 µm
- UN Number
- UN 1263
Be the first to ask a question about this product!