Paint Inspection Kit (Metric) (K3001)
We no longer offer this product; for information and advice on supply of this product and its associated certificates, please contact our technical team on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or send a message to [email protected] where we will be happy to help.
When steel has been blast-cleaned to a surface preparation of Sa 2½, the inspection of the steel to ISO Standards is required. This ISO Standard compliance ensures that blast-cleaned steel is correctly prepared for the application of protective coatings:
- ISO 8503-5 - Surface Profile measurement of blast-cleaned steel
- ISO 8502-6, ISO 8502-9 - Measurement of salts on blast-cleaned steel
- ISO 8502-3 - Assessment of the quantity and size of dust particles on blast-cleaned steel
- ISO 8502-4 - Testing for condensation on blast-cleaned steel
- ISO 2808 - Wet film thickness measurement of the coating
- ISO 2808, ISO 19840 - Dry film thickness measurement of the coating
- Calibration Certificates, with traceability to UKAS, can be purchased separately from the drop-down menu below
- Click to see full kit contents
The Paint Inspection Kit contains all the essential equipment needed for the testing of blast-cleaned steel and coating inspection using the following equipment.
Supplied in an industrial Carrying Case with Testex Replica Tape / Replica Tape Gauge, Bresle Patch Test, Dust Tape Test, Dewpoint Meter, Coating Thickness Meter (C5001) and Wet Film Gauge (pack of 5).
Please see the data sheets/instructions for full operation guides in our attachments section above.
Testex Tape / Testex Gauge (ISO 8503-5, ASTM D4417 and NACE SP0287)
- Surface Profile measurement of blast-cleaned steel
Bresle Patch Test (ISO 8502-6, ISO 8502-9)
- Measurement of salts on blast-cleaned steel
Dust Tape Test (ISO 8502-3)
- Assessment of the quantity and size of dust particles on blast-cleaned steel
Dewpoint Meter (ISO 8502-4)
- Testing for condensation on blast-cleaned steel
Wet Film Gauge (ISO 2808, ASTM D4414)
- Wet film thickness measurement of the coating
Coating Thickness Meter (ISO 2008, ISO19840, ISO 2360, ISO 1461, ISO 2063, ASTM D7091, ASTM E376 and ASTM G12)
- Dry film thickness measurement of the coating
- Testex Tape X Coarse (50 impression roll)
- Testex Gauge
- Burnishing Tool
- Bresle Patches (pack of 35)
- Conductivity Meter
- 500ml Deionised Water
- 5ml Syringe with Needle
- Calibration Solution (14ml)
- Conditioning Solution (14ml)
- 25ml Beaker
- Dust Test Tape (60m roll)
- Dust Test Charts (pack of 50)
- X10 Illuminated Magnifier
- Dewpoint Meter
- Humidity Sensor
- Wet Film Gauge (pack of 5)
- Coating Thickness Meter (C5001)
- Ferrous Probe
- Set of 8 Calibration Foils
- Zero Disk
- Calibration Certificates, with traceability to UKAS, can be purchased separately from the drop-down menu above.
- For Use By
- Consumer Use
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Exterior & Interior
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Suitable For Use On
- Suitable For Use On
- Coated Surfaces
- Product Type
- Product Category
- Testing Equipment
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
Paint Inspection Kit (Metric) (K3001) is only available with the shipping and delivery timescales listed below - please do not contact our Customer Support Team with enquiries about alternative or earlier shipping and delivery times.
Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Bank Holidays, are not classed as working days.
Orders placed after the cut-off for this product will not be processed for earliest dispatch until 9am the next working day.
All delivery costs below are excluding VAT