Mathys Pegaprim Isofix is a super adhesion and stain block primer for interior and exterior use. Produces good adhesion on metals and smooth hard surfaces. Very fast drying Closed, good adhering paint film Masks odours Recoatable with most water and solvent borne decorative paints Can be applied at freezing temperatures Coverage...
Mathys Pegamat Aqua Isole
We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Mathys Pegaprim Xpress as a great alternative.
Mathys Pegamat Aqua Isole
Mathys Pegamat Aqua Isole is a low tension renovation paint for interior walls and ceilings suitable for plaster, cement, concrete, fibreboard, insulating hard foam boards, old paints, wallpaper, etc.
Features & Benefits
- Low tension film
- Primer and topcoat in one
- Insulates nicotine and smoke stains, old damp spots and numerous colorants
- Long open time
- Quickly recoatable
- Uniform mat white finish
- White and pastel shades
- Ideal for ceilings
- Density: 1,45 - 1,51
- Gloss Level: Matt
- Gloss level at 85º: Matt: 2%
- Solids content in volume: 38 - 42 % (weiss)
- Solids Content in weight: 58 - 62 % (weiss)
Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%
- Touch dry: 1 hour
- Dry to recoat: 2 hour
- Fully cured: 2 days
7 m²/l per coat
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
- Suitable substrates are: plaster, cement, concrete, fibreboard, insulating hard foam boards, old paints, wallpaper, etc.
- Apply on a dry and sound substrate. Apply 1 or 2 coats according to the condition of the substrate.
- Old cleaned layers in good condition and light porous substrates may be recoated directly with Pegamat Aqua Isole.
- On very absorbent substrates (not painted), apply an impregnation coat of Pegafix.
- On substrates with nicotine spots: first clean these with an ammonia solution in order to receive a better efficiency of the paint.
- Can be applied on completely dry Elastofill/Pegaflex without the risk of crack formation.
Directions For Use
To ensure homogeneity, coating materials should be thoroughly stirred prior to use.
> 5°C, < 80% R.H.
- Brush: Apply undiluted.
- Roller: Apply undiluted.
- Airless Spray: Nozzle: 011 - 013 / Pressure: 180 bar. If necessary, dilute with a little water
- Air-Atomised Spray: If necessary, dilute with a little water
Apply a preliminary test patch in case of old damp spots and colour marks. When insulation properties are insufficient, use Pegamat RL Isole or Pegaprim Isofix. Can be applied directly on Pegamat RL Isole, Pegaprim Isofix and Pegaprim Xpress. Can be recoated with all water-based paint, and also with Pegamat RL Isole.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 2 hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 2 days
- 7m² per litre
- Min. Application Temperature
- 1,45 - 1,51
- Solids by Volume
- 38 - 42 % (weiss)
- 53 g/l
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 2 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C.
- Touch Dry
- 1 Hour
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 56 µm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 140 µm
- UN Number
- Not regulated
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Mathys Pegaprim Xpress is an outstanding all-purpose, all surface primer, which is great for all interior and exterior surfaces - sticks to the glossiest surfaces and blocks difficult stains from appearing on your interior and exterior painted surfaces. Interior and exterior Mould & mildew resistant film Sticks to all surfaces without...