Mathys Porisol can be applied undiluted on very porous substrates (cardboard, paper, light kinds of woods), and diluted on substrates with different absorption capacity (plaster, wood-fibre boards, etc.). It can be used as a sealer undiluted on exotic wood, aniline colours and surfaces soiled with coaltar. Do not apply on substrates soiled with fume residues or soot (isolate first with Pegamat).
Features & Benefits
- Nearly odorless
- Can be recoated with water dispersed and most synthetic paints
- Density: 1,03 - 1,06
- Gloss Level: Gloss
- Solids content in volume: 48 - 50 %
- Solids Content in weight: 50 - 52 %
Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%
- Touch dry: 30 minutes
- Dry to recoat: 1 hourTouch dry: 30 minutes
- Dry to recoat: 1 hour
3 - 10 m²/l per coat
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
The surfaces to be treated must be sound and dry. Remove non adhering parts (by scraping and rubbing), dust off carefully and degrease, if necessary.
- Brush: If necessary dilute with water.
- Roller: If necessary dilute with water.
When used as an impregnating agent, dilute 1/1 with water on substrates soiled with fume residue or soot, use Pegamat instead of Porisol.
- Brush, Roller
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 1 hour
- 3-10m² per litre
- 1,03 - 1,06
- Solids by Volume
- 48 - 50 %
- 0 g/l
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 2 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C.
- Touch Dry
- 30 Mins
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 48 µm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 100 µm
- UN Number
- Not regulated
Be the first to ask a question about this product!