We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Jotun Penguard Universal as a great alternative.
Jotun Penguard Plus is a two component amine cured high molecular weight epoxy coating. It is a fast drying, high solids, high build product specially designed as a universal, all round, new construction coating. It can be used as a primer, mid coat, finish coat or as a single coat system in atmospheric and immersed environments. Suitable for properly prepared carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminium, galvanised steel and thermally sprayed zinc substrates.
Jotun Penguard Plus is suitable for structural steel and piping to be exposed to corrosive environments up to very high and immersed. Recommended for offshore environments, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings and mining equipment. Specially designed as a universal product in coating systems where extended durability is required. Meets customer specific health requirements for high molecular weight epoxy content.
Approvals and certificates
- Pre-qualification testing in accordance with NORSOK M-501, Rev. 5, System 1, suitable for exterior exposure in offshore environment, below 120°C.
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- Optimal combination of high molecular epoxy and low VOC
- A universal product in coating systems where extended durability is required
- Designed for protection in severe corrosive environment
- Fast drying, low VOC, high solids, and high build.
Multi-purpose / universal coating reduces the number of coatings needed
- In atmospheric and immersed conditions
- All surfaces – steel, galvanised and aluminium
- Blast cleaning to min. Sa 2½ (ISO 8501-1:2007)
- For previously coated surfaces UHPWJ to WJ2 (NACE No.5/SSPC-SP 12)
- Power tool cleaning to min. St 2 (ISO 8501-1:2007) may be acceptable, subject to exposure
- Certified in systems for NORSOK system 1 and 7
- For Use On
- Steel, Galvanized Steel, Aluminium, Zinc
- Application Method
- Spray, Brush
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Product Certifications
- NORSOK M-501, Rev. 5, System 1
- Pack Size
- 4.8m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 2 Hours
- UN Number (Activator)
- UN Number (Base)
Be the first to ask a question about this product!