Rust-Oleum Thinner 22 is for the dilution of synthetic enamels and varnishes for airless application. Degreasing of metals and most wood types. Cleaning of `spots` of acrylic paints and acrylic fixing paints (e.g. on glass). Best used to dilute the following products: Primer 44 Fassiclor Galvaprim Vernac Gloss Vernac Satin More...
Mathys Fassithane Matt is a hard, clear, durable finishing varnish for wood that is based on polyurethane alkyd resins.
Features & Benefits
- Quick drying
- Does not yellow
- Scratch and wear resistant
- No tendency to wrinkle when applying thick layers
- Indoor use only - easy to clean
- Density: 0,93 - 0,95
- Gloss Level: Matt
- Solids content in volume: 44 - 46 %
- Solids Content in weight: 53 - 55 %
Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%
- Touch dry: 1½ hour
- Dry to handle: 2 hours
- Dry to recoat: 6 hours
- Fully cured: 7 days
± 15 m²/l per coat
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
The substrate must be smooth and completely dry and clean. New wood: rub down and make dustfree (use a cloth damped in white spirit). Degrease resinous or exotic wood with thinner. Remove old varnish layers with a paint stripper (Rapid Super). After this rub down lightly and clean with white spirit. Old varnish layers with good adhesion: rub down lightly and clean. Restore discoloured parts with Fassitek and rub down.
- Impregnate with Adex or Fassitek if it is necessary to colour the wood.
- If colouring is not necessary, first apply a thinned coat Fassithane Matt
Apply in a dry and well-ventilated area. Temperature of air, substrate and coating material between 10 and 35°C and relative humidity below 80%. The substrate temperature must be at least 3°C above dew point.
In case the recoat time between successive coats is longer than 24 hours, it is necessary to clean the surface with a clothed soaked in white spirit in order to achieve a good adhesion.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 2 hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 6 hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 7 days
- 15m² per litre
- Max. Application Temperature
- Min. Application Temperature
- 0,93 - 0,95
- Solids by Volume
- 44 - 46 %
- 400 g/l m
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 2 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5 and 35°C
- Touch Dry
- 1.5 hours
- UN Number
- Not regulated
Be the first to ask a question about this product!