These surface preparation kits for steel have been created to help provide customers with an easily accessible bundle of tools to aid in the preparation of steel surfaces in accordance with ISO 8501-1 (St2/3) and SSPC (SP 2/3). Please click here for important information about these kits. Kit Contents: SET 1 (Hand Tools) 1 x Rust-Oleum...
SikaCor EG 1 is a two-pack, high-solids, epoxy-based intermediate coat containing micaceous iron oxide.
- SikaCor EG 1 is designed as a mechanically resistant intermediate coat on steel surfaces exposed to atmospheric conditions, hot-dip galvanized steel, zinc-spray, stainless steel and aluminium.
- In combination with 2-pack primer and top coats, SikaCor EG 1 is a mechanically water and chemically resistant coating system for durable corrosion protection, corrosivity category C5-I resp. C5-M, protection duration ‘high’ according to ‘DIN EN ISO 12944-5’.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent adhesion to galvanizing, stainless steel and aluminium
- High film thickness per coat (up to 120 microns)
- Very good corrosion protection
- Tough elastic and dense but not brittling
- Widely insensitive against shock and impact
For more details please download the product data sheet from the 'DATASHEETS' tab above.
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Steel, Galvanized Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminium
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray, Airless Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 3KG, 15KG
- 4.5m² per kg
- Touch Dry
- 6 Hours
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!