SikaCor EG 1 Rapid is a fast drying version of the standard SikaCor EG 1. It is a two-pack, high-solids, epoxy-based intermediate coat containing micaceous iron oxide.
- SikaCor EG 1 Rapid is designed as a mechanically resistant intermediate coat on steel surfaces exposed to atmospherical conditions, hot-dip galvanized steel, zinc-spray, stainless steel and aluminium.
- In combination with 2-pack primer and top coats, SikaCor EG 1 Rapid is a mechanically water and chemically resistant coating system for durable corrosion protection, corrosivity category C5-I resp. C5-M, protection duration ‘high’ according to ‘DIN EN ISO 12944-5’.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent adhesion to galvanizing, stainless steel and aluminium
- High film thickness per coat (up to 120 microns)
- Overcoatable at low temperatures till – 10°C
- Very good corrosion protection properties
- Tough elastic and dense but not brittling
- Usually insensitive against shock and impact
For more details please download the product data sheet from the 'DATASHEETS' tab above.
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Steel, Galvanized Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminium
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray, Airless Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 4.3m² per kg
- Touch Dry
- 3 Hours
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!