SikaCor EG 1 Rapid is a fast drying version of the standard SikaCor EG 1. It is a two-pack, high-solids, epoxy-based intermediate coat containing micaceous iron oxide.
- SikaCor EG 1 Rapid is designed as a mechanically resistant intermediate coat on steel surfaces exposed to atmospherical conditions, hot-dip galvanized steel, zinc-spray, stainless steel and aluminium.
- In combination with 2-pack primer and top coats, SikaCor EG 1 Rapid is a mechanically water and chemically resistant coating system for durable corrosion protection, corrosivity category C5-I resp. C5-M, protection duration ‘high’ according to ‘DIN EN ISO 12944-5’.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent adhesion to galvanizing, stainless steel and aluminium
- High film thickness per coat (up to 120 microns)
- Overcoatable at low temperatures till – 10°C
- Very good corrosion protection properties
- Tough elastic and dense but not brittling
- Usually insensitive against shock and impact
For more details please download the product data sheet from the 'DATASHEETS' tab above.
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Steel, Galvanized Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminium
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray, Airless Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 4.3m² per kg
- Touch Dry
- 3 Hours
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
SikaCor EG 1 Rapid is only available with the shipping and delivery timescales listed below - please do not contact our Customer Support Team with enquiries about alternative or earlier shipping and delivery times.
Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Bank Holidays, are not classed as working days.
Orders placed after the cut-off for this product will not be processed for earliest dispatch until 9am the next working day.
All delivery costs below are excluding VAT