We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Rust-Oleum 4900 Polycoat 2K as a great alternative.
Mathys Plasti-Parket is a solvent based polyurethane alkyd varnish ideal for treating and protecting parquet floors and wooden stairs.
- Simple to use
- Excellent resistance against abrasion
- Makes maintenance easier
- Suitable for spot repairs
Mix Plasti-Parket during application in order to make sure that the product will stay homogeneous, apply a minimum of 2 coats.
- Density: 0,90 - 0,92
- Gloss Level: Satin
- Gloss level at 60º: Semi gloss: ± 15%
- Solids content in volume: 43 - 45 %
- Solids Content in weight: 52 - 54 %
Drying Time At 20°C/RH 50%
- Touch dry: 1,5 hours
- Dry to recoat: 24 hours
- Fully cured: 1 week
± 10 m²/l per coat
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application
New parquet floors or parquet floors rub down until bare wood: dedust thoroughly, impregnate with Adex and let dry for minimum one night. After this, rub down lightly. Remark: replace Adex with diluted Duritane Gloss if the wood is coloured too strongly. Old parquet floors already treated with wax: first remove the wax layer thoroughly (scrape). Use cleaning cloths soaked with white spirit. After this, apply one coat Adex. The Adex layer should be completely dry the next day. If this is not the case, it is an indication that the old wax layer was not removed enough. Clean the floor again as described above. Remark: use sufficient cleaning cloths to remove the wax layer in order to avoid that the removed wax is applied on other parts of the floor.
Directions For Use
To ensure homogeneity, coating materials should be thoroughly stirred prior to use.
Apply in a dry and well-ventilated area. > 5°C, < 80% R.H.
- Brush: If necessary dilute with maximum 5% volume white spirit or Thinner 22.
- Roller: If necessary dilute with maximum 5% volume white spirit or Thinner 22. Use a fine roller.
- Airless Spray: Not recommended.
- Air-Atomised Spray: Not recommended.
- Mix Plasti-Parket during application in order to make sure that the product will stay homogeneous.
- Apply minimum 2 coats of Plasti-Parket.
- Brush, Roller
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 24 hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 1 week
- 10m² per litre
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Thinner 22
- Min. Application Temperature
- 0,90 - 0,92
- Solids by Volume
- 43 - 45 %
- 445 g/l
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 5 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C.
- Touch Dry
- 1 Hour 30 Mins
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 40 µm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 100 µm
- UN Number
- Not regulated
|Catherine on 2018-04-26 23:16:43|| |
Can I use this on oak staircase tread. I have another product on. It sure what as stair people put it on. I have some surface scratches caused by dog and need something I can apply after using wire wool and want something very hard wearing but not sloppy or colour changing Thanks
We would suggest Rust-Oleum 4900 Polycoat 2K for this application instead of Mathys Plasti-Parket.
|Poppy House on 2016-03-10 19:35:33|| |
Question: Can I use this varnish over bourne seal solvent based varnish with only light sanding and cleaning (i.e. without sanding back to bare wood? Bourne seal is a cuprinol product which has been discontinued.
No, we would recommend using Blackfriar Polyurethane Floor Varnish instead.
Rust-Oleum Thinner 22 is for the dilution of synthetic enamels and varnishes for airless application. Degreasing of metals and most wood types. Cleaning of 'spots' of acrylic paints and acrylic fixing paints (e.g. on glass). Best used to dilute the following products: Primer 44 Fassiclor Galvaprim Vernac Gloss Vernac Satin More...