Rust-Oleum Thinner 22 is for the dilution of synthetic enamels and varnishes for airless application. Degreasing of metals and most wood types. Cleaning of `spots` of acrylic paints and acrylic fixing paints (e.g. on glass). Best used to dilute the following products: Primer 44 Fassiclor Galvaprim Vernac Gloss Vernac Satin
Mathys Fassitek Thixo is an easy to apply thixotropic wood stain. This 'Thixo' version has all the protective and cosmetic qualities of the classic Fassitek, but is slightly thicker in texture. This means that a thicker coating of the product can be applied and makes it more convenient to use, especially for overhead work.
Mathys Fassitek Thixo is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use and can be applied directly to already stained wood. The product does not form a film, yet, just like the classic Fassitek, it provides complete protection against UV light and weathering. It also allows the wood to breathe.
Features & Benefits
- Transparent and light-stable
- Thixotropic alkyd resins
- Penetrates for deep protection
- Non film-forming
- Enhances the wood structure
- Microporous, allows the wood to breathe
- Excellent outdoor durability
- Good protection against UV rays
- Light-stable wood shades - Standard colours
- Density: 0,86-0,89
- Gloss Level: Semi-Matt
- Solids content in volume: 30-33 %
- Solids Content in weight: 37-40 %
Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%
- Touch dry: 3 hours
- Dry to handle: 3 hours
- Dry to recoat: 24 hours
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
- New wood: rub down and make it dust free. Tropical wood is degreased with white spirit; Afzelia with ammonia water.
- Old stripped paint: rub down to the bare not impregnated wood fibre and make dust free.
- Maintenance on Fassitek Thixo: clean substrate with white spirit and apply 2 or 3 thin coats.
Apply in a dry and well-ventilated area. > 5°C, < 80% R.H.
Incorrect use of Fassitek Thixo means that it can still be fully or partially removed with Thinner 22 within the first few days after application.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 3 hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 24 hours
- 10m² per litre
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Thinner 22
- Min. Application Temperature
- Solids by Volume
- 30-33 %
- 550 g/l
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 5 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight, at temperatures between 5 and 35°C
- Touch Dry
- 3 hours
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 32 microns
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 100 microns
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!