- There are no more items in your cart
- Shipping Calculated at checkout
- Sub-Total (ex. VAT) £0.00
Everbuild 902 Bitumen & Flashing Primer
We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Eagle Bitumen Primer or Eagle Quick Drying Bitumen Primer as a great alternative.
Everbuild 902 Bitumen & Flashing Primer is a thin black primer used to give a key prior to applying bitumen paints and roof coatings such as Everbuild 901 Black Bitumen Paint, Everbuild 905 All Weather Roof Coating and Everbuild 906 Bitumen Roofing Emulsion. Also suitable as a primer prior to applying Black Jack Flashing Tape.
- Fast drying
- Suitable for use with all bituminous surface coatings
Areas For Use
Mainly used for priming:
- Concrete roofs and floors, cementicious screeds and renders
- Bitumen felt, asphalt and mastic
- Weathered corrugated iron and steel
- Do not use in areas where subsequent solvent contact is likely
- Avoid inhalation of vapours in confined spaces
- Allow sufficient drying time before overcoating
As with all surface coatings, preparation of the surface is of great importance and will influence the degree of adhesion obtained and the life of the coating, All surfaces must be sound, stable and thoroughly clean and dry. Metal surfaces should be wire brushed to remove rust. Where long term protection is required an initial treatment of a rust inhibitive product such as red lead or zinc phosphate should be used. Loose or blistered paint should be removed as should tar based paint systems. New galvanised surfaces should be roughened with a wire brush or treated with a proprietary etch primer.
Everbuild 902 Bitumen & Flashing Primer is ready for use and should not be thinned. Apply by brush or spray. The primer should be well scrubbed in by brush. ensuring a thin even coverage. Avoid ponding/pooling when applying by spray. With fibre cement or rag felt, apply generously to saturate the surface.
- Brush, Spray
- 4 - 11m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 3 - 6 Hours
Be the first to ask a question about this product!