- There are no more items in your cart
- Shipping Calculated at checkout
- Sub-Total (ex. VAT) £0.00
Nullifire S605 Durable Solvent-Based Intumescent Coating
We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Nullifire S606 Solvent-Based Intumescent Coating as our nearest alternative. Please contact our Technical Team on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or send a message to [email protected]nspaints.com prior to purchase/use for advice on suitability.
We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Nullifire S606 Solvent-Based Intumescent Coating as our nearest alternative. Please contact our Technical Team on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or send a message to [email protected] prior to purchase/use for advice on suitability.
For long term durability and external use of Nullifire S605 Solvent-Based Intumescent Coating, a top seal is required.
Features & Benefits
- Can provide up to 120 minute fire protection in some applications
- Proven history of successful usage in projects all over the world
- Compatible with a full range of Nullifire primers and top seals providing an outstanding finish.
- Suitable for on-site and off-site application.
Surface Preparation & Priming
- S605 should be applied onto a clean, undamaged, dry and suitably primed steel surface. Certain types of primers, particularly thermoplastic primers, can cause adhesion problems and should be avoided.
- Nullifire recommend and have tested PM015, PM018, PM019, PM020 and PM021 primers.
- Nullifire have carried out compatibility testing on a wide range of primers. Contact our technical team for confirmation of compatibility with S605.
- Galvanized surfaces should be prepared by an application of T-wash or mordant solution followed by a compatible primer.The primer should be applied in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- S605 is recommended for application and use on dry protected structural steel only.
- If the basecoat is allowed to get wet, it is likely to be damaged – blistering and wrinkling may occur.
- S605 should only be applied when the air and steel temperatures are above 5°C and below 35°C. Relative humidity should be below 80% for successful application. Steel surface temperature should be a minimum of 3°C above the dew point.
- Ensure the steel is dry and free from contact with rain or condensation during the application and drying of S605.
- Please note that rain may cause surface patterning if the material has not formed a skin. Heavy rain or water running over the surface can damage recently applied (6- 8 hours) coating and hence it should be protected if this is a potential risk.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions and should be applied only by an individual with the necessary expertise and experience. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
|david attewell on 2018-08-21 15:58:16|| |
We have use brosteel intumescent (ral 7021) over the top of nullifire on an existing steel. Is there any problem in doing this, are the products compatible Regards Dave
Answer from Rawlins’ Technical Team:
If another intumescent coating has been applied over Nullifire S605 Durable Solvent-Based Intumescent Coating, we would not be able to recommend this practice. We would not be able to confirm how the Nullifire product would react under fire conditions. The new intumescent could swell and remove the Nullifire coating, or the Nullifire coating may swell first and push off the competitor intumescent which may also cause possible delamination of the char from the Nullifire material.
We would have to recommend full removal of the Brosteel then the DFT of the Nullifire coating should be checked to ensure the correct amount of intumescent is still applied to the structural steelwork.