Nullifire S606 Solvent-Based Intumescent Coating
We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Nullifire SC602 On-Site Intumescent Base Coat as our nearest alternative. Please contact our Technical Team on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or send a message to [email protected] prior to purchase/use for advice on suitability.
For long term durability and external use of Nullifire S606 Solvent-Based Intumescent Coating, a top seal is required.
Features & Benefits
- Can provide up to 120 minute fire protection in some applications
- Proven history of successful usage in projects all over the world
- Compatable with a full range of Nullifire primers and top seals providing an outstanding finish
- Suitable for on-site and off-site application
Surface Preparation & Priming
- S606 should be applied onto a clean, undamaged, dry and suitably primed steel surface. Certain types of primers, particularly thermoplastic primers, can cause adhesion problems and should be avoided.
- Nullifire recommend and have tested PM015, PM018, PM019, PM020 and PM021 primers- see website for details.
- Nullifire have carried out compatibility testing on a wide range of primers and can be contacted on +44 (0)24 7685 5000 for con rmation of compatibility with S606.
- Galvanized surfaces should be prepared by an application ofT-wash or mordant solution followed by a compatible primer.The primer should be applied in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If a zinc rich primer is used, it is advisable to seal this with a suitable tie coat or travel coat prior to shipment to site. If the steel is left exposed to the atmosphere with just a zinc rich primer, surface salts may build up on the steel. These salts, if not adequately removed, may cause adhesion problems for any subsequent coating applied. Removal of the salts can be achieved by high-pressure washing. If adequate removal of the salts cannot be guaranteed, a suitable tie coat may have to be applied prior to the S606.
- S606 is recommended for application and use on dry protected structural steel only.
- If the basecoat is allowed to get wet, it is likely to be damaged – blistering and wrinkling may occur.
- S606 should only be applied when the air and steel temperatures are above 5°C and below 35°C. Relative humidity should be below 80% for successful application. Steel surface temperature should be a minimum of 3°C above the dew point.
- Ensure the steel is dry and free from contact with rain or condensation during the application and drying of S606.
- Please note that rain may cause surface patterning if the material has not formed a skin. Heavy rain or water running over the surface can damage recently applied (6- 8 hours) coating and hence it should be protected if this is a potential risk
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 730 g/m² based on an applied @ 0.5 mm dry lm thickness
Be the first to ask a question about this product!