Sika Ebonex is a discrete impressed current cathodic protection anode, specifically designed to protect reinforced concrete structures and steel framed buildings. The anode utilizes an innovative ceramic / titanium composite, combined with an integral gas venting system. The system utilises Sika Ebofix Grout, a high density, acid buffering grout used for long term performance. Sika Ebonex discrete anodes are available in a wide range of sizes to provide excellent design flexibility.
- Multistory Car parks
- Heritage Structures
- Marine structures
- Steel framed buildings
Characteristics / Advantages
- Embedded Installation - provides discrete installation, with no added dead weight loading or increase to physical dimensions of the structure.
- Gas Venting – no build-up of anodic gases can be installed under membranes, coatings and strengthening systems.
- Economical - low cost method of providing galvanic corrosion prevention to extend the initiation of reinforcement corrosion around patch repairs.
- Long Lasting – Longest life expectancy of any discrete CP - in excess of 25 - 50 years depending upon design.
- Highest Level of Protection – capable of satisfying the 100mV depolarization criteria for effective cathodic protection.
- Proven Technology – field verified performance.
- Deep Installation – address multi levels of steel and difficult access.
- Cost Competitive – Compared to other types of ICCP anodes.
- High Operating Current – suitable for use in areas of high density steel.
- Versatile – can be used in many sectors within the construction industry
Level of Protection
Sika Ebonex works by distributing sufficient electrical current to overcome ongoing corrosion in the structure. Sika Ebonex anodes are connected to an external DC power supply, which provides the electrical current that mitigates corrosion activity. The anodes are connected to the positive terminal. According to industry standards, an ICCP system is considered to be providing cathodic protection when the steel is sufficiently polarized to result in a 100mV depolarisation.
For more details please download the product data sheet from the 'DATASHEETS' tab above.
- For Use On
- Concrete, Steel
Be the first to ask a question about this product!