Sika CarboDur S Type plates are pultruded carbon fibre reinforced polymer (CFRP) laminates designed for strengthening concrete, timber and masonry structures. Sika CarboDur plates are bonded onto the structure as externally bonded reinforcement using Sikadur 30 structural adhesive (for details on the adhesive see the relevant Product Data Sheet).
To strengthen structures for:
- Increasing the capacity of floor slabs and beams
- Increasing the capacity of bridges to accommodate increase axle loads
- Installation of heavier machinery
- Stabilising vibrating structures
- Changes of building use
Damage to Structural Elements
- Deterioration of original construction materials
- Steel reinforcement corrosion
- Vehicle impact
- Reduced deflection (Excessive deflection use Sika CarboDur post tensioned system with end anchors)
- Stress reduction in steel reinforcement
- Crack width reduction
- Reduced fatigue
Change in Structural System
- Removal of walls or columns
- Removal of slab sections for openings
Change of Specification
- Changed design philosophy
Design or Construction Defects
- Insufficient / inadequate reinforcement
- Insufficient / inadequate structural depth
Features & Benefits
- Non corrosive
- Very high strength
- Excellent durability
- Unlimited lengths, no joints required
- Low overall thickness, can be coated
- Easy transportation (rolls)
- Simple plate intersections or crossings
- Very easy to install, especially overhead
- Outstanding fatigue resistance
- Minimal preparation of plate, applicable in several layers
- Combinations of high strength and modulus of elasticity available
- High alkali resistance
- Clean edges without exposed fibres thanks to the pultrusion process
- Approvals from many countries worldwide
- Cold temperature application possible with Sika CarboHeater
- Service temperature upto +80°C possible with Sika CarboHeater
|Type||Width||Thickness||Cross Sectional Area|
|Sika CarboDur S512||50mm||1.2mm||60mm²|
|Sika CarboDur S812||80mm||1.2mm||96mm²|
|Sika CarboDur S1012||100mm||1.2mm||120mm²|
|Sika CarboDur S1512||150mm||1.2mm||180mm²|
|Sika CarboDur S626||65mm||2.4mm||156mm²|
Other sizes are available to order to order, minimum quantities and lead times apply.
For more details please download the product data sheet from the 'DATASHEETS' tab above.
- Pack Size
- 50mm x 1.2mm x 250m, 80mm x 1.2mm x 250m, 100mm x 1.2mm x 250m, 150mm x 1.2mm x 250m, 65mm x 2.5mm x 250m
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
Sika CarboDur S Type is only available with the shipping and delivery timescales listed below - please do not contact our Customer Support Team with enquiries about alternative or earlier shipping and delivery times.
Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Bank Holidays, are not classed as working days.
Orders placed after the cut-off for this product will not be processed for earliest dispatch until 9am the next working day.
All delivery costs below are excluding VAT