- There are no more items in your cart
- Shipping Calculated at checkout
- Sub-Total (ex. VAT) £0.00
Sika CarboShear L
We no longer stock this product; please contact our technical team on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or send a message to [email protected] where we will be happy to find an alternative product. See our Structural Repairs page for more repair materials.
Sika CarboShear L are corrosion resistant carbon fibre shear links, designed for strengthening concrete structures in shear and to anchor Sika CarboDur plates at their ends. They are part of the Sika CarboDur CFRP Strengthening System. Sika CarboShear L shear links are bonded as external reinforcement using Sikadur 30 epoxy resin based adhesive for normal, or Sikadur 30 LP epoxy resin based adhesive for elevated temperatures during application. For fixing into the anchorage holes, Sika AnchorFix 3+ can also be used. Refer to the relevant Product Data Sheet for more detailed information about each of these adhesives.
Sika CarboShear L profiles are used to improve, increase or repair the performance and shear resistance of structures for:
Increased Load Carrying Capacity:
- Increasing the load capacity of beams.
- For the installation of heavier machinery.
- For changes in building use.
Damage to structural elements due to:
- Deterioration of the original construction materials
- Steel reinforcement corrosion
- Accidents (Vehicle impact, earthquakes, fire etc.)
Improvement of serviceability and durability:
- Reduced deflection and crack width
- Stress reduction in the steel reinforcement
- Improved fatigue resistance
Change of the structural system:
- Removal of walls and / or columns
- Removal of floor and wall sections to create access / openings
- Changed design philosophy
To repair design or construction defects such as:
- Insufficient / inadequate reinforcement
- Insufficient / inadequate structural depth
Features & Benefits
- Tested anchorage system.
- Non corroding
- Very high strength and durability
- Shear and bursting enhancement.
- Well defined anchoring.
- Low overall thickness can be over coated.
- Easy transportation.
- Easy installation – no heavy handling and installation equipment.
- Outstanding fatigue resistance.
- Minimal preparation of the shear links is required.
- Minimal aesthetic impact.
Sika CarboShear L is a CFRP L-shaped plate with a 90° bend. The leg length can be cut to size (by saw, or preferably by diamond cutting disk). The inner radius of the bend zone is 25mm for all sizes. Sold above as individual pieces.
|Type||Leg Length||Width||Nominal Thickness|
|Sika CarboShear L 4/20/50||200 resp. 500mm||40mm||2mm|
|Sika CarboShear L 4/30/70||300 resp. 700mm||40mm||2mm|
|Sika CarboShear L 4/50/100||500 resp. 1000mm||40mm||2mm|
|Sika CarboShear L 4/80/150||800 resp. 1500mm||40mm||2mm|
For more details please download the product data sheet from the 'DATASHEETS' tab above.
- For Use On
Be the first to ask a question about this product!