Sika Unitherm Steel S (Interior)
We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Jotun Steelmaster 60SB as a great alternative.
Sika Unitherm Steel S (Interior) is a solvent based, fast drying, ecological thin film fire protection coating system for structural steelwork located in interior situations i.e. not exposed to weathering (dry climate). Sika Unitherm Steel S (Interior) forms a heat insulating layer under the influence of fire and improves the fire resistance of structural steel members.
Features & Benefits
- For indoor use on structural steel members like columns, girders and framework with highly effective protection to delay the steel from reaching critical temperatures.
- No topcoat required for dry environments except for a coloured decorative finish
- Fast drying intumescent coating
- Preserves the appearance of a steel construction
- CE classified according to ETAG 018 part 2, Sika Unitherm Steel S (Interior) meets Type Z1 (i.e. internal conditions with high humidity)
- Applicable to filigree and complex steel building elements
- VOC < 350g/l
- Simple application, does not increase static load
- Individual colouration possible with corresponding topcoat, various colour shades in RAL, others available.
Note: With critical situation i.e. frequent formation of condensation and/or heating up of surfaces above 45°C, possible special measures should be taken.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!