Sika Unitherm Steel S (Exterior)
We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Nullifire S606 Solvent-Based Intumescent Coating as a great alternative.
Sika Unitherm Steel S (Exterior) is a solvent based, fast drying, ecological thin film fire protection coating system which has to be used for structural steelwork which is subject to weathering, high humidity, maritime environments, etc. (exterior condition).
Sika Unitherm Steel S (Exterior) can also be used for interior steel constructions as long as they are not designed to German AgBB requirements. Sika Unitherm Steel S (Exterior) forms a heat insulating layer under the influence of fire and improves the fire resistance of structural steel members.
Features & Benefits
- For use on exterior structural steel members like columns, girders and framework with highly effective protection to delay the steel from reaching critical temperatures.
- No topcoat required for dry environments except for a coloured decorative finish
- Fast drying intumescent coating
- Applicable on steel constructions exposed to weathering
- Preserves the appearance of a steel construction
- CE classified according to ETAG 018 part 2, the system meets Type X classification (i.e. exterior conditions)
- Applicable to filigree and complex steel building elements
- VOC < 350g/l
- Simple application, does not increase static load
- Individual colouration possible with corresponding topcoat, various colour shades in RAL, others available.
Note: With critical situation i.e. frequent formation of condensation and/or heating up of surfaces above 45°C, possible special measures should be taken.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!