We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Mathys Parafix as a great alternative.
Mathys Fixonal is a fixating clear varnish based on acrylic polymers to strengthen all porous or chalking substrates. Mathys Fixonal reinforces the adhesion of the new coat on the old paint and also makes it more flexible.
Features & Benefits
- Fixing and reinforcing
- Alkali resistant
- Quick drying
- Density: 0,81 - 0,83
- Gloss level at 60º: > 90%
- Solids content in volume: 15 %
- Solids Content in weight: 19 %
Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%
- Touch dry: ± 45 minutes
- Dry to handle: ± 1 hour
- Dry to recoat: ± 2 - 4 hours
- Fully cured: ± 1 day
± 10 - 15 m²/l, according to the porosity of the substrate.
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
The surfaces to be treated must be dry, clean and adhering. Chalking substrates must be rubbed down with a hard brush and dusted off. Rub down glossy coats. Degrease if necessary. After drying, apply the topcoat as quickly as possible.
Directions For Use
To ensure homogeneity, coating materials should be thoroughly stirred prior to use.
Work in a dry and well-ventilated area. > 5°C, < 80% R.H
- Brush: By preference, do not dilute
- Roller: By preference, do not dilute
- Airless Spray: Not recommended
- Air-Atomised Spray: Not recommended
Fixonal does not improve the adhesion of old paint coats on the substrate.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- ± 1 hour
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- ± 2 - 4 hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- ± 1 day
- 10m² per litre
- Min. Application Temperature
- 0,81 - 0,83
- Solids by Volume
- 15 %
- 700 g/l max
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 5 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C
- Touch Dry
- ± 45 minutes
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 15 µm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 100 µm
- UN Number
- Not regulated
Be the first to ask a question about this product!