Rust-Oleum Thinner 22 is for the dilution of synthetic enamels and varnishes for airless application. Degreasing of metals and most wood types. Cleaning of `spots` of acrylic paints and acrylic fixing paints (e.g. on glass). Best used to dilute the following products: Primer 44 Fassiclor Galvaprim Vernac Gloss Vernac Satin More...
Mathys Fassithane Gloss
Mathys Fassithane Gloss is a clear, hard, durable finishing varnish for wood, that is based on polyurethane alkyd resins. It can be used indoors and outdoors and is solvent based giving excellent durability.
Features & Benefits
- Quick drying
- Does not yellow
- Scratch and wear resistant
- No tendency to wrinkle when applying thick layers
- Density: 0,90 - 0,92
- Gloss Level: Gloss
- Gloss level at 60º: >90%
- Solids content in volume: 42 - 44 %
- Solids Content in weight: 49,5 – 51,5 %
Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%
- Touch dry: 1½ hours
- Dry to handle: 2 hours
- Dry to recoat: 6 hours
- Fully cured: 7 days
± 15 m²/l per coat
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
The substrate must be smooth and completely dry and clean. New wood: rub down and make dustfree (use a cloth damped in white spirit). Degrease resinous or exotic wood with thinner. Remove old varnish layers with a paint stripper (Rapid Super). After this rub down lightly and clean with white spirit. Old varnish layers with good adhesion: rub down lightly and clean. Restore discoloured parts with Fassitek and rub down.
- Impregnate with Adex or Fassitek if it is necessary to colour the wood.
- If colouring is not necessary, first apply a thinned coat Fassithane Gloss
Apply in a dry and well-ventilated area. Temperature of air, substrate and coating material between 10 and 35°C and relative humidity below 80%. The substrate temperature must be at least 3°C above dew point.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 2 hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 6 hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 7 days
- 15m² per litre
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Thinner 22
- Max. Application Temperature
- Min. Application Temperature
- 0,90 - 0,92
- Solids by Volume
- 42 - 44 %
- 400 g/l max
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 2 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5 and 35°C.
- Touch Dry
- 1.5 hours
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 30 µm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 65 µm
- UN Number
- Not regulated
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
Mathys Fassithane Gloss is only available with the shipping and delivery timescales listed below - please do not contact our Customer Support Team with enquiries about alternative or earlier shipping and delivery times.
Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Bank Holidays, are not classed as working days.
Orders placed after the cut-off for this product will not be processed for earliest dispatch until 9am the next working day.
All delivery costs below are excluding VAT