Envirograf Mobility Scooter Fire And Smoke Cover
The Envirograf Mobility Scooter Fire And Smoke Cover fixes to the ground and aims to starve a fire of oxygen so that it self-extinguishes, giving occupants enough time to evacuate and alert emergency services. The cover has been designed alongside Dorset, Cheshire and Hampshire Fire & Rescue services, who reported a rise in fires caused by overheating and burning mobility scooter batteries during charging.
Mobility scooters have given the disabled a new lease of life, but their rechargeable batteries can get hot and pose a serious fire risk through overheating and burning.
The fire and smoke cover is easy to install inside a home, a garage or outside, such as a corridor in a block of flats, offering easy access to your scooter, and offers protection to surrounding property, people and pets.
875mm wide x 1650mm long x 1770mm high
- Make sure there is sufficient space to erect the cover. This is a two-person job.
- Lay the ground sheet flat. Using the fixing holes located at each corner as a guide, mark on the floor the locations where holes must be drilled.
- Lifting the corners of the ground sheet, drill holes in the floor.
- The frame can now be unfolded and placed over the ground sheet. Align the holes in the feet of the frame with the holes in the ground sheet, and screw firmly to the floor. For concrete flooring, raw plugs must be used.
- The cover can now be lifted over the top of the frame. Starting at the back, pull the cover up and over the frame towards the front.
- Once the cover is all the way forward, pull down the flaps at the back and sides and fix to the ground sheet using the attached velcro strips.
- The front of the cover should be attached to the frame legs using the velcro straps.
- The mobility scooter can now be parked inside the cover. The zips and velcro strips are then used to seal the front flap. Cable entries are located on both sides of the cover, allowing for scooters to be charged whilst parked inside.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
Any Envirograf products to be used in or for Harrods department store should be authorised with our Technical Team prior to purchase.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!