We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Nullifire FS721 Trowel Grade Acrylic Sealant as a great alternative.
Firetherm Intumastic Trowel
Firetherm Intumastic Trowel Grade coats plain mineral fibre batts of a density exceeding 64 kg/m3, providing up to 4 hours fire integrity to BS 476 Pt 20 and BS EN 1366/3-4, depending on specification. The trowel-grade anti-fire coating contains acrylic emulsion, inert fillers and fungicide, for use on internal applications only.
Compartment walls and floors must maintain the appropriate level of fire resistance as laid down by Building Regulations Section B 2000, in conjunction with a good quality mineral fibre batt system of a minimum density of 140kg/m3
- Read Firetherm Intumastic safety data sheet instructions before starting work, in the Attachments tab above.
- Carefully check that all mineral is securely positioned and tight, with any gaps over 5mm being filled with offcuts of mineral fibre.
- Mask around the opening with masking tape allowing a margin of at least 25 mm to provide a neat well-sealed edge.
- Firetherm Intumastic may be applied by spray, brush or trowel. Different specifications of Intumastic can be supplied in order to help you achieve the best results.
- Apply to a loading of approximately 1.3 litres per m² to a wet film thickness of 1.3 mm and a dry film thickness of 1 mm.
- For bare metal surfaces (such as copper or aluminium), we recommend a barrier tape, masking tape or similar is applied before filling the hole with mastic.
- If difficulty is experienced in obtaining adhesion, it is good practice to moisten the mineral fibre before applying the Intumastic with a water sprayer or a paintbrush dipped in water.
- Remove masking tape.
Allow Intumastic to dry for at least 24 hours at temperatures higher than 10°C and less than 75% RH before being exposed to moisture. Tack free time: 30 to 120 minutes depending on temperature, humidity and air movement.
In conjunction with a good quality mineral fibre batt system of a minimum density of 140 kg/m3, Intumastic can provide up to 4 hrs fire integrity to BS 476 Pt 20, BS EN 1366/3-4 depending on specification.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY
Be the first to ask a question about this product!