Teamac Aluminium Wood Primer, is an oil based primer that contains aluminium. Used primarily to prevent staining on knotted or resinous timber, but also acts as an excellent heavy duty primer. Suitable for Narrowboats, Cruisers, Barges, Yachts and other Marine Applications. It can be applied to suitably prepared timbers and boards....
Teamac Deck Paint Smooth
We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Coo-Var Floor Paint as a great alternative.
Teamac Deck Paint Smooth, is a conventional, durable, protective coating for wood and metal decks. Teamac Deck Paint Smooth can be used on suitably prepared wood and metal decks and can also be applied directly to GRP decks.
Click To Jump To Section:
- Features & Benefits
- Product Specification
- Film Thickness Range And Coverage
- Drying Times
- Surface Preparation
- Preceeding Coat
- Application Conditions
- Application Methods
- Health & Safety
Features & Benefits
- Easy to apply.
- Good durability.
- Suitable for wood, metal and GRP.
- Click to jump down to Technical Data
|Volume Solids||50 to 52.6%|
|VOC Content||Max 394.04 g/litre|
|SG||1.17 to 1.31°C|
|Viscostity||4.5 Poise @ 25°C|
|Flash Point||Above 32 (closed cup)|
Film Thickness Range And Coverage
|Dry Film Thickness||Wet Film Thickness||Theoretical Coverage|
|Maximum||35 to 40 μm||75 μm||13 m12/litre @ 35 microns D.F.T|
The practical spreading rate may be lower as this depends on factors such as the porosity and roughness of the surface to be painted and material losses during application.
|Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%|
|Touch Dry:||5 Hours|
|Dry To Handle:||24 Hours|
|Dry To Recoat:||12 hours or overnight|
|Fully Cured:||5 - 7 Days|
Low temperature and high humidity will adversely affect application, drying and performance of any coating.
- Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry and free from grease, oil and any other contaminates.
- GRP should be abraded prior to coating to ensure an adequate "key" is produced.
- Existing painted surfaces should be cleaned, degreased and sanded to ensure an adequate "key" is produced.
- Remove all loose, flaking material and treat bare areas as new substrate then prepare accordingly.
- Mix well before use.
- As dictated by normal good painting practice.
- In confined spaces, provide adequate ventilation during application and drying.
|Method||Airless Spray||Conventional Spray||Brush||Roller|
- Thinner (Max vol): Brush/Roller: Thinners 14 (10%) - Airless Spray: Thinners 14 (10%)
- Nozzle Size: 0.013"
- Nozzle Pressure: 1800 to 2000 psi
- Cleaning Solvent: Thinners 14
Health & Safety
See safety data sheet - SDS 10492 in attachments section above.
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Wood, Metal, GRP
- Application Method
- Airless, Spray, Brush, Roller
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 5L, 20L
- Key Features
- Easy to apply. Protective. Good durability.
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 24 Hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 12 hours or overnight
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 5 - 7 Days
- 13m² per litre
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Teamac Thinner 14
- Solids by Volume
- 50 to 52.6%
- Max 394.04 g/litre
- Touch Dry
- 5 Hours
- 5 litre, 20 litre
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- 35 to 40 μm
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- 75 μm
- UN Number
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
A specially formulated blend of solvents designed to mix with its compatible Teamac or Coo-Var coating to create an optimal consistancy for application. Suitable for use with Brush, Roller or Spray. Teamac Thinner 14 can also be used for the cleaning of some surfaces prior to application of the coating. Also suitable for the cleaning of...
Teamac Wood Primer White, is a general purpose, modified alkyd based wood primer for wood, especially useful for priming soft wood. It can be applied to suitably prepared timbers and boards. Overcoatable in 16 hours, it is compatible with Teamac Marine Gloss. Traditional Wood Primer For All Type of Wood. Provides Flat Finish For Topcoats...
Coo-Var Aluminium Wood Primer is an oil based primer that contains aluminium. Used primarily to prevent staining on knotted or resinous timber. Easy to apply. Product Features Also works as a heavy duty primer Resists resin staining Resists blistering of topcoats Interior/Exterior use Semi-matt finish Coverage Calculator More...
Teamac Zinc Phosphate Primer, An anticorrosive primer on iron and steel, for use with a range of conventional topcoats such as Teamac Marine Gloss and Teamac Metalcote Plant Enamel. Can be used for: Marine purposes Fire escapes Fetal gates Metal garage doors Ideal in coastal areas Click to jump down to Technical Data Coverage...