This product is temporarily unavailable; in the meantime, our technical team recommend Jotun Hardtop XP as a great alternative - use discount code MAY10 at checkout to save 10%! Please note: it is important to check that any alternative product is suitable for your requirements, as our suggestion is given in good faith but without warranty....
Rust-Oleum 9996 Rust-O-Thane Accelerator is a special additive to reduce the drying time of the Rust-Oleum 9600 Rust-O-Thane Polyurethane.
- Accelerator for Rust-Oleum 9600 Rust-O-Thane Polyurethane
- Shortens the drying time by several hours.
- Minimal influence on pot-life and other properties
quantities of 3 - 5%.
Drying times at 20°C/50% RH
To touch: 6 hours
To handle: 12 hours
To recoat: After 8 hours, within 72 hours
Full hardness 7 days
With 4 - 5% accelerator:
To touch: 2 hours
To handle 3 hours
To recoat: After 4 hours, within 48 hours
Full hardness 5 days
Directions for use
Stir individual components of the 9900 or 9600 thoroughly before mixing them together. Use the boxing method or a low speed mixer. Add the activator 9996 after the 2 components are thoroughly mixed.
Pot life will be reduced when using the accelerator from 4 to 2 hours for 9600 and from 2 to 1 hour for 9900. Using the accelerator may reduce slightly less gloss development in some colours and a minor reduction in film hardness. All other performances of the coating are not effected. Exceeding amount of accelerator will not significantly reduce drying time and can influence characteristics of the coating.
Shelf life/storage conditions
5 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C.
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- Base 2 years and activator 1 year from the date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well-ventilated and frost-free areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35° C. Opened activator cans must be used within 1 week.
- UN Number
- 1263 LQ
Be the first to ask a question about this product!