Rust-Oleum 9180 Epoxy Metal Primer is a fast drying metal primer based on two-component epoxy resin offering extra protection against corrosion on bare or blasted metal, also ideal for galvanised metal under severe conditions. For Professional use High build primer for optimal opacity with topcoat 9100 Touch dry after just 1 hour...
Rust-Oleum 9100 Winter Grade Epoxy
Rust-Oleum 9100 Winter Grade Epoxy
Rust-Oleum 9100 Winter Grade Epoxy is for application at temperatures down to 0°C. Two-pack, glossy epoxy coating for metal, walls and floors. The most efficient epoxy system providing a very hard coating with high layer thickness for lasting results even with a single coat application. Also ideal as a glossy floor paint for garages, warehouses, indoor car parks etc. Optimal protection can be achieved in only one or two layers.
With Rust-Oleum 9100 Epoxy System you can save time on;
- Application - Apply in one thick layer if required
- Mixing - Easy mixing and no thinning required.
- Surface Preparation - Can be applied directly to sound rusted surfaces without the need for blasting.
- Maintenance - Longer lasting results means reduced downtime for repairs and re-coating.
Features & Benefits
- Single coat application directly over rusted surfaces
- Excellent results with minimal surface preparation
- Full colour intensity in one coat
- Easy mixing
- Very resistant to abrasion
- Excellent resistance against immersion; can be used in swimming pools
- Resistant to oils, solvents and many chemicals
- Suitable for frequent cleaning with chemicals
- Tintable to virtually any colour
- High solids & Standard versions available
Choice of 3 versions:
- 9101 - Standard activator ideal for most circumstances
- 9101HS – Better coverage and low VOC
- 9101WG - For application temperatures down to 0°C
Rust-Oleum 9100 Winter Grade Epoxy is designed for application on manually prepared rusted steel surfaces and can also be used on clean, blasted steel, primed steel, concrete and previously coated surfaces. Rust-Oleum 9100 Topcoats are primarily intended for brush and airless spray application and can also be applied by roller.
Rust-Oleum 9100 Winter Grade Epoxy offers excellent protection against strong chemicals, acids, alkalis and solvents; frequent product spillage and chemical cleaning; high humidity and moisture conditions. If good U.V. resistance is required Rust-Oleum Polyurethane Topcoats 9200, 9600 or 9900 should be applied (except for the clear coatings).
Rust-Oleum 9100 Winter Grade Epoxy can be applied on cleaned, sound mineral substrates, sound, well prepared previous coatings; porous substrates should be primed with Rust-Oleum Impregnation Primer 5401; very dense substrates, like ceramic tiles, should be primed with Rust-Oleum Super Adhesive 3333.
- Light rusted metal - Rust-Oleum 9169 Epoxy Rust Primer
- Bare metal - Rust-Oleum 9170 Epoxy Metal Primer/Rust-Oleum 9180 Epoxy Metal Primer
- Smooth concrete - Rust-Oleum 3333 Super Adhesion Primer
Please note: The outdoor durability and chemical resistance of the system can be further improved by the application of an additional topcoat Rust-Oleum 9200 Rust-O-Thane or Rust-Oleum 9600 Rust-O-Thane Polyurethane
Please contact Rawlins Paints' Technical Support Team on 0113 2455450 for more information.
- For Use On
- Metal, Concrete
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Fully Tintable
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Mixing Ratio
- Vol: 1 : 1 (9101 & 9101HS) - 2.5 : 2 (9101WG)
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 12 hours (9101 & 9101HS) - 16 hours (9101WG)
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- After 16 hours within 72 hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 7 days (9101) - 10 days (9101HS & 9101WG)
- Pot Life (at 20°C)
- 3 hours (9101) - 2,5 hours (9101HS) - 2 hours (9101WG)
- 7m² per litre
- Compressive Strength (at 20°C)
- 50 MN/m²
- Tensile Strength
- 10 MN/m²
- Flexural Strength (at 20°C)
- 70 MN/m²
- 1,25 (9101) - 1,4 (9101HS) - 1,37 (9101WG)
- Solids by Volume
- 75 % (9101) - 91 % (9101HS) - 89 % (9101WG)
- Heat Resistance (up-to)
- Immersion or wet heat: 50°C - Dry Heat: 100°C
- Shelf Life (from date of manufacture)
- 5 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C.
- Touch Dry
- 8 Hours
- UN Number
- UN 1263
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
Rust-Oleum 9100 Winter Grade Epoxy is only available with the shipping and delivery timescales listed below - please do not contact our Customer Support Team with enquiries about alternative or earlier shipping and delivery times.
Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Bank Holidays, are not classed as working days.
Orders placed after the cut-off for this product will not be processed for earliest dispatch until 9am the next working day.
All delivery costs below are excluding VAT
Rust-Oleum 3333 Super Adhesion Primer provides excellent adhesion on non-porous, dense mineral substrates like: Tiles or power floated concrete Non-ferrous metals like stainless steel, aluminium or new hot-dip galvanized steel Thermosetting plastics like fibreglass-reinforced polyester or epoxy Perfect chemical bond without blasting or...
We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Jotun Hardtop XP as a great alternative. Please note: it is important to check that any alternative product is suitable for your requirements, as our suggestion is given in good faith but without warranty. If you are in any doubt please first contact our technical team on 0113 2455450 (option...
This product is temporarily unavailable; please contact our technical team on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or send a message to [email protected] where we will be happy to find an alternative product. Rust-Oleum 9169 Epoxy Rust Primer is a low viscous epoxy rust-primer with outstanding adhesion and corrosion protection for manually...
Rust-Oleum 9100 High Solids Epoxy is a higher solids, better coverage and lower VOC content product than the standard 9100 Epoxy. Two-pack, glossy epoxy coating for metal, walls and floors. The most efficient epoxy system providing a very hard coating with high layer thickness for lasting results even with a single coat application....
Rust-Oleum 5401 Epoxy Impregnation Primer is solvent free and improves adhesion on concrete and other porous, mineral surfaces. For Professional use Primarily intended for roller and brush application Provides a good key for adhesion on porous, mineral substrates Impregnation of porous and brittle floors Can be applied on slightly damp...
Floor Application Kit from Rawlins Paints provides all the application equipment needed to apply conventional floor paints and coatings to a professional standard. The application of floor coatings is often crucial to their performance, so it is important to use the right tools to ensure a lasting finish. Each kit contains: 12" Roller,...
These surface preparation kits for steel have been created to help provide customers with an easily accessible bundle of tools to aid in the preparation of steel surfaces in accordance with ISO 8501-1 (St2/3) and SSPC (SP 2/3). Please click here for important information about these kits. Kit Contents: SET 1 (Hand Tools) 1 x Rust-Oleum...