Everbuild 901 Black Bitumen Paint
We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Eagle Black Bituminous Paint as a great alternative.
Everbuild 901 Black Bitumen Paint is a solvent based, full bodied black bitumen paint, When dry, the product forms an odourless and taint free bitumen film suitable for the protection of metals, concrete roofing, felt, fibre cement, corrugated iron, asphalt and wood against water attack.
- Fast drying.
- For use on most common building surfaces.
Areas For Use
Everbuild 901 Black Bitumen Paint provides an effective waterproof, weatherproof, corrosion resistant protective coating. It is resistant to low concentrations of alkalis and acids and can withstand prolonged oxidation. It is suitable for application to a wide variety of materials including iron and steel, lead, zinc, aluminium, asbestos - cement, concrete, stone, wood, felt and brick and is mainly used for:
- Metal protection - corrugated iron sheets, fire escapes, stairways, ladders, storage tanks, gutters, down pipes, fences, railings, gates etc.
- As a protective coating for concrete structures, stone, brick, concrete screeds and sand/cement surfaces.
- Overcoating felt/wood.
- Do not use in areas where subsequent solvent contact is likely.
- Do not use for potable drinking water tanks.
- Avoid inhalation of vapours in confined spaces.
- Allow sufficient drying time between coats.
- Bitumen Paint may bleed through any paints subsequently applied over it. Apply a primer recommended by the paint manufacturer before overpainting.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- For Use On
- Application Method
- Brush, Spray
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- VOC Levels
- Ultra-Low (5-49 g/l)
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 5L, 25L
- Brush, Spray
- 6m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 4 hours
- UN Number
|David Simpson on 2019-11-29 16:21:59|| |
Looking to use Black Jack - Bitumen Paint on Galvanised Steel being fitted to a concrete floor The intention is to paint the steel inside and out using Bitumen Paint Can you advise the ' film thickness in 'um'
Average coat thickness would typically be around 100µm wet / 50µm dry.
|Karyn cook on 2018-05-16 20:54:26|| |
Is it safe to use on a protective fire board on a thatch property in the loft - on the loft side.
Everbuild have no specific test data to confirm suitability, but the product is not fire rated.