Blackfriar Line Marking Spray
We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Rust-Oleum Line Marking Paint as a great alternative.
Blackfriar Line Marking Paint is a high performance, quick drying line marking paint. Suitable for interior and exterior use in environments including car parks, sports courts and fields, factories, warehouses and building sites (for survey work etc).
- Rapid one coat coverage
- Easy upside down spray action
- Effective in high traffic areas
- Non-clogging nozzle
Directions For Use
1. Check the surface to be painted is dry and free from dirt, dust, grease oil and other materials which may prevent paint adhesion.
2. Shake the can vigorously. Once you hear a rattling sound, shake for a further 2-3 minutes to ensure paint is properly mixed.
3. Invert the can and aim the nozzle at the surface to be painted. Depress the pads each side of the nozzle to release the paint. This can may be fitted to an applicator (sold separately). In this instance, fit the can to the applicator and pull trigger to release the paint.
4. For a more accurate and denser line, ensure the can is in close proximity to the surface being painted.
Drying times are dependent on the temperature at which the product is applied. For best results the temperature should be above 10°C in which case the product will be touch dry in 15 minutes.
400ml can produces a 50mm (2 inch) wide line approximately 32-56m (100-175ft), dependent on thickness of application.
Clean the nozzle after use and store product sideways to prevent blocking.
Please contact Rawlins Paints' Technical Support Team on 0113 2455450 for more information.
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Interior and Exterior
- Application Method
- Standard / Ready Mixed
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Base Type
- Solvent Based
- Suitable Substrates
- Concrete, Wood, Tarmac, Grass
- 13m² per litre
- Min. Application Temperature
- Touch Dry
- 15 Mins
- UN Number
|Claire Roberts on 2018-12-05 12:59:20|| |
Could this be used to mark out a badminton court on the lawn? Would it mark the grass well enough, would it damage the grass and how long might it last (obviously as long as the grass doesn't grow too much and need cutting)? Line marking machines appear too expensive for recreational use.
The solvents in the Blackfriar Line Marking Sprays are quite strong and are likely to kill the grass. There are more specific products for grass which wear off quicker but are less harmful to the grass, these will be a safer option. Rust-Oleum 2800 Ground Marking Aerosol and Rust-Oleum Hard Hat 2300 Marking Aerosols both specifically state they can be applied to grass but we wouldn't be able to advise on how long they would last.
|Neil Ritchie on 2018-08-05 23:55:52|| |
Can I use this spray paint to repaint the lines of a badminton court on a church hall wooden floor. Thank you.
Blackfriar Line Marking Spray is suitable for marking out the lines on a previously painted/varnished wooden sports court.
For best results:
|Andy on 2017-07-21 01:43:34|| |
Question: Is it semi perm paint?
Blackfriar Line Marking Spray is intended to be permanent but the longevity of the application will depend on the substrate it is applied to and the preparation carried out.