A specially formulated blend of solvents designed to mix with its compatible Teamac or Coo-Var coating to create an optimal consistancy for application. Suitable for use with Brush, Roller or Spray. Teamac Thinner 14 can also be used for the cleaning of some surfaces prior to application of the coating. Also suitable for the cleaning of...
Teamalak Siliconised Teak Oil
We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Coo-Var Teak Oil as a great alternative.
Teamalak Siliconised Teak Oil, previously know as Teamac Teak Oil, is a blend of natural oils and silicone derivatives which enhance, preserve and restore the appearance of teak and other hardwoods.
Click To Jump To Section:
- Features & Benefits
- Product Specification
- Film Thickness Range And Coverage
- Drying Times
- Surface Preparation
- Preceeding Coat
- Application Conditions
- Application Methods
- Health & Safety
Features & Benefits
- Good degree of resistance to water.
- For interior or exterior use.
- Ideal for use on outdoor furniture.
- Click to jump down to Technical Data
|VOC Content||Max 514 g/litre|
|SG||0.86 @ 20°C|
|Flash Point||Above 32°C (closed cup)|
Film Thickness Range And Coverage
|Dry Film Thickness||Wet Film Thickness||Theoretical Coverage|
Average figure dependant on the porosity of the wood.
The practical spreading rate may be lower as this depends on factors such as the porosity and roughness of the surface to be painted and material losses during application.
|Drying Times At 20°C/RH 50%|
|Touch Dry:||8 Hours|
|Dry To Handle:||24 Hours|
|Dry To Recoat:||16 hours or overnight|
Low temperature and high humidity will adversely affect application, drying and performance of any coating.
- All surfaces should be clean, dry, sound and free from contaminants.
- Ensure the surface is left to dry for 1 to 2 weeks.
- Use sandpaper to remove any unwanted old coatings or paints.
- Apply direct to wood.
- Mix well before use.
- As dictated by normal good painting practice. In confined spaces, provide adequate ventilation during application and drying.
- Apply as a flood coat, work well into the grain, taking particular care at "end" grains.
|Method||Airless Spray||Conventional Spray||Brush||Roller|
- Thinner (Max vol): N/A
- Nozzle Size: N/A
- Nozzle Pressure: N/A
- Cleaning Solvent: Thinners 14
Health & Safety
See safety data sheet - SDS 11372 in the attachments section above.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Water / Solvent Based
- For Use On
- Hardwood, Teak
- Application Method
- Brush, Cloth
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- Touch Dry (at 20°C)
- 8 Hours
- Dry to Handle (at 20°C)
- 24 Hours
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 16 hours or overnight
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 7 m²/litre
- Recommended Thinner/Cleaner
- Thinners 14
- Solids by Volume
- Max 514 g/litre
- 0.5 litre, 1 litre, 2.5 litre
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness
- UN Number
|peter on 2019-09-17 22:40:59|| |
Hi, I have floating oak shelves which I want to use outdoors on my patio. Can i use a teak oil to protect the wood from the elements or if not what product would you recommend? Thanks in advance, Peter
Yes, Teamac Teak Oil would be ideal for this application.