Sikagard 550 W Elastic
Sikagard 550 W Elastic is a crack bridging protective coating for concrete. Sikagard 550 W Elastic is a one component, plasto-elastic coating based on UV-curing acrylic dispersion with excellent crack-bridging properties even at temperatures below 0°C. Sikagard 550 W Elastic complies with the requirements of EN 1504-2 as protective coating.
Sikagard 550 W Elastic is a one component, plasto-elastic coating based on UV-curing acrylic dispersion with excellent crack-bridging properties even at temperatures below 0°C. Sikagard 550 W Elastic complies with the requirements of EN 1504-2 as protective coating.
- Sikagard 550 W Elastic is used for protection and enhancement of concrete structures (normal and lightweight concrete), especially exposed outdoor concrete surfaces with a risk of cracking.
- Sikagard 550 W Elastic is used with concrete repair works as an elastic protective coating on Sika smoothing mortar (refer to product / system data sheet), fibre cement and overcoating of existing soundly adhering coatings.
- Suitable for protection against ingress (Principle 1, method 1.3 of EN 1504-9)
- Suitable for moisture control (Principle 2, method 2.3 of EN 1504-9)
- Suitable for increasing the resistivity (Principle 8, method 8.3 of EN 1504-9)
Features & Benefits
- Crack-bridging even at low temperatures (-20°C)
- High diffusion resistance against CO2 reducing the rate of carbonation
- Water vapour permeable
- Very good resistance against weathering and ageing
- Environmentally friendly (solvent free)
- Reduced tendency to dirt pick up and contamination
For more details please download the product data sheet from the 'DATASHEETS' tab above.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
|Jose Lozano on 02/11/2018|
What should I for Crack Repairs in Stucco. Cracks over 1/16"
|Barbara McCann on 02/03/2018|
I am a homeowner thinking of painting my brick and stucco home. The red brick is from the sixties and the grout has some open spots where it is missing. Is your paint Sika 550W better than sherwin williams elastomeric paint for the exterior brick and stucco? Meaning will it last longer, look better and create a smooth finish filling in the spaces devoid of grout and any defects in the brick.
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close