Sikagard 680 S Clear Glaze
Sikagard 680 S Top Coat is a colourless coating drying to a glossy finish, suitable as a refresher and protective coating for exposed aggregate concrete protecting against aggressive atmospheric influences and promotes a self-cleaning effect on the treated surfaces. It does not adversely influence the characteristic texture of the concrete.
Sikagard 680 S is a one part, solvent containing coating, based on methacrylic resins resistant to weathering, alkalis and ageing. It is available in clear and coloured grades for use on mineral substrates including concrete and other cementitious surfaces.
Sikagard 680 S protects concrete against aggressive atmospheric influences and promotes a self-cleaning effect on the treated surfaces. It does not adversely influence the characteristic texture of the concrete. Sikagard 680 S complies with the requirements of EN 1504-2 as protective coating.
- Sikagard 680 S is used for protection and enhancement of concrete and other cementitious materials on building and infrastructures elements.
- Sikagard 680 S Clear Glaze is a colourless material drying to a glossy coat, suitable as a refresher and protective coating for exposed aggregate concrete.
- Sikagard 680 S Top Coat is a top coating, drying to a mat finish, available in a large number of decorative standard and almost unlimited special colour shades.
- Suitable for protection against ingress (Principle 1, method 1.3 of EN 1504-9)
- Suitable for moisture control (Principle 2, method 2.3 of EN 1504-9)
- Suitable for increasing the resistivity (Principle 8, method 8.3 of EN 1504-9)
Features and Benefits:
- Sikagard 680 S provides excellent weather resistance and is based on a methacrylic resin with fast evaporating solvents
- Due to its quick drying properties, the coating is rain resistant within a short time
- Almost no change in the texture characteristics of the concrete surface
- Sikagard 680 S protects the concrete against aggressive atmospheric influences, which can penetrate into the concrete in the form of salts or gases
- Very high diffusion resistance against carbon dioxide and, therefore reduces considerably the rate and depth of carbonation of the concrete
- Water vapour permeability is not adversely affected
- Dirt pick up is reduced and the concrete is no longer discoloured by rain
- Suitable for sealing of green concrete in civil engineering works
For more details please download the product data sheet from the 'DATASHEETS' tab above.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|Typical Coverage (per coat)||6.66m² per kg|
|Touch Dry||5 Hours|
|The figures stated above are approximate. Please ensure you refer to all datasheets for full application information.|
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Colour reproduction of the Products on the Site is limited by the technology used to deliver web pages and by the colour representation of Customer’s own monitor and computer set-up. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products but we cannot guarantee that the colour shown on Customer’s monitor’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery. We recommend that Customer first purchases the smallest Product available or access an industry standard colour chart in person (and not digitally) to ensure that the colour is acceptable for its purposes. For more information, please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale.Close