We no longer stock this product, but can recommend Wethertex C10 Multi-Surface Fungicidal Wash as a great alternative. Please note: it is important to check that any alternative product is suitable for your requirements, as our suggestion is given in good faith but without warranty. If you are in any doubt please first contact our technical...
Britannia Stabilising Masonry Solution
Britannia Stabilising Masonry Solution is a stabilising solution for friable and chalking surfaces, producing a substrate suitable for further decoration.
It is a solvent based, highly penetrating single pack, pliolite resin-based acrylic solution.
Britannia Stabilising Masonry Solution is surface dry in 1-2 hours after application. Can be brush, roller (solvent resistant) or spray applied.
Not suitable for use under solvent based products except Britannia’s Wallshield exterior wall coatings.
- Features & Benefits
- Spreading Rate
- Drying Time
- Shelf Life & Storage
- Internal and external use
- Single pack
- For application to friable and chalking surfaces
- Produces a substrate suitable for further decoration
- Surface dry in 1-2 hours
- Pliolite resin-based acrylic solution
These will vary depending on substrate, the site conditions and longevity required.
Typically spreading rates will vary depending on the end use.
- As a guide between 120-160 square metres/20 litres (6-8 square metres/litre)
- Surface dry in 1-2 hours
- Drying depends upon the thickness of the coating
- Re-coatable overnight
- All surfaces must be dry and free from mould growth, dirt and grease
- Algal or Fungal deposits should first be removed by power washing the surface and then coated with Britannia’s Fungicidal Wash Solution
- Stir well before use
- Can be by brush, roller (solvent resistant) or spray applied
- Apply liberally to the substrate to allow for thorough penetration
- On some surfaces a second coat may be required
Do not over seal the surface.
A high gloss indicates that the surface has been over sealed, these areas should be rubbed down prior to painting.
- Up to 2 years if stored correctly in an unopened container
- Flammable keep away from sources of ignition
- Ensure good ventilation during application
- Wear gloves, goggles and suitable protective clothes
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
- Remove splashes from the skin with a recognised hand cleaner or plenty of soap and water
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not use near fishponds
- Toxic to aquatic organisms
- May cause long term adverse effects in the aquatic environments
- Do not empty into drains
- For Use By
- General Use
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Pack Size
- 5L, 20L
- 6-8m² /lt dependent on substrate
- Touch Dry
- Surface dry in 1-2 hours. Drying depends upon the thickness of the coating. Re-coatable overnight.
- UN Number
- Base Type
- Exterior / Interior Use
- Exterior & Interior Use
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
Britannia Wallshield Pliolite offers all-year protection, and is available in a range of aesthetically-pleasing colours which can be easily applied to many types of building substrates, even in cold temperatures (down to -5°C). Solvent-based for exterior walls Up to 15 years protection Allows all year around exterior decoration...
Britannia Wallshield Eco is a water-based eco-friendly exterior wall coating. It offers a long-lasting decorative finish that also protects and helps improve insulation. For use on concrete, brickwork, asbestos, cement and renderings, stone, pebbledash etc. Waterproof Contains algicide and fungicide Flexible and hardwearing Applied by...