Hydron Nu-Guard Mural Basecoat
Nu-Guard® Mural Basecoat provides a solid background colour prior to the application of the Nu-Guard Mural Paint - the water-based paint allowing designers to paint their design onto previously painted concrete and brick.
- Perfect basecoat the the Nu-Guard Mural Paint
- Extensive colour range
- Touch dry in 1-2 hours. Fully dry in 12-24 hours
- 12-month shelf life
- Available in 200+ RAL colours
Please note: Colours are sold in the nearest tin size but actual paint volume per tin may vary up to 10% depending on colour.
Nu-Guard Mural Basecoat provides a solid background colour prior to the application of the Nu-Guard Mural Paint.
What is Nu-guard Mural Paint?
Nu-Guard Mural Paint is a designer's dream; a water-based paint specially-formulated for artists and designers to create designs on previously painted concrete or brick. Once the design is complete, you can add an application of Nu-Cryl AG - a clear acrylic coating with specific anti-graffiti properties, stain resistance and weather protection, including UV. In the end, you will have a fabulous piece of long-lasting design.
Why do I need this Nu-guard Mural Basecoat?
As you will have noted, you apply the Nu-Guard Mural Paint onto previously painted concrete or brick. But let's say you a have a bare brick wall or surface that is difficult to coat; you must first apply the Nu-Guard SP Tack Primer. When this coat has fully-dried, it is advisable to apply the Basecoat before applying the main Nu-Guard Mural Paint. If the mural is to be painted on a previously painted wall, you don't necessarily have to use the Tack Primer, but this will depend on the quality of your brickwork and how easy it is to coat.
Product Use in the Workplace
- Exterior creative mural - Professional murals can be a very novel way of brushing new life into an unused brick wall or facade by creating it into a piece of art or design. Imagine a bare brick wall; to the uninspired it's just a brick wall, but to the inspired, it's a piece of design in the making. Apply this tack primer, the basecoat and then the final mural paint, and you will have yourself a fine piece of design.
- Museum - Families and people of all ages visit museums. Facilities such as these can make their entrances more appealing by getting creative on a bare wall or brick/concrete structure.
- Commercial office building - Add a touch of class with a large concrete plinth with the company logo or motto pained onto it.
Features & Benefits
- Perfect basecoat the the Nu-Guard Mural Paint.
- Touch dry in 1-2 hours. Fully dry in 12-24 hours.
- Extensive colour range.
- 12-month shelf life.
For use on previously painted substrates such as brickwork and concrete. Ensure surfaces to be treated are clean, free from contamination and dry.
Brush, Roller or Airless Spray. All equipment should be cleaned with water immediately after use.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!