General Painting Application Kit from Rawlins Paints provides the basics for any painting project. Whether it is a one off job, or you just want to make sure the right application tools get to site. Provides an economical way of making sure you will have what you need Ideal for interior and exterior paint projects Click to jump down to...
Wethertex AP77 Flexible Smooth Masonry Paint
Wethertex AP77 Flexible Smooth Masonry Paint is a high performance, matt finish exterior quality flexible masonry paint, developed using Optilife silicone technology for long term protection and peace of mind. Suitable for bonded paint and coatings, render, brick, stone, rough-cast, and other masonry substrates.
- **NEW** Now available in 4,200+ RAL, BS, NCS & Wethertex Colours
- Advanced 20 year durability with excellent adhesion
- Self cleaning and highly breathable - ultra waterproofing and algae resistant
- Highly flexible to prevent cracking
- High Performance weatherproofing for lasting protection
Product customisationDon't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
Wethertex AP77 Flexible Smooth Masonry Paint is a high performance, exterior quality flexible masonry paint. Developed using advanced Optilife silicone technology for improved breathability, AP77 provides a smooth matt finish that is both self cleaning and highly weatherproof and will protect your building for up to 20 years.
Wethertex AP77 Flexible Masonry Paint is suitable for bonded paint and coatings, render, brick, stone, rough-cast, and other masonry substrates.
Available in 4,200+ RAL, British Standard, NCS, and Wethertex colours.
Please Note: Other colours available on request - these may be subject to extended lead times and additional cost. If the colour you require is not available to choose above, please contact our Technical Department on 0113 2455450 (option 2) or email [email protected] for more information
Quick Links - Click To Jump To Section:
- High performance, exterior quality flexible masonry paint
- Suitable for bonded paint and coatings, render, brick, stone, rough-cast, and other masonry substrates
- Incorporates Optilife Silicone Technology for long term protection and peace of mind
- Highly flexible to prevent cracking
- Smooth matt finish
- Self cleaning and highly weatherproof
- Advanced 20 year durability
- Excellent adhesion
- Highly breathable
- Ultra waterproofing
- Algae resistant
- Ensure all surfaces to be painted are clean, dry and free from grease and loose or flaking material that may impair adhesion
- Do not apply to shiny surfaces
- Scaffolding must be independently tied to allow for uninterrupted application
- Any faults in the substrate, particularly those that can lead to moisture penetration, must be rectified or can affect the finish quality
- Mask around the area where the material is to be applied
- Masking tape must be removed before the material has dried out
- Ensure all BS standards are carried out through application
- Loose or friable substrates can be treated with Wethertex ST1 Quick Dry Stabilising Primer prior to application
- Masonry surfaces affected by bacterial, algal and fungal growth should be treated with Wethertex C10 Multi-Surface Fungicidal Wash prior to use
- New surfaces - 10-50% dilution with clean water depending on the substrate
- Stir the product thoroughly and do not contaminate
- For the best results apply by brush, lamb’s wool roller or spray
- Application tool type and quality may influence the finished appearance
- Apply liberally and avoid overspreading
- To avoid dampness and discolouration painting should be avoided below DPC or within 150mm of ground level
- AP77 can be diluted between 10-50% depending on the suction of the substrate
- When stored unopened in a dry place at temperatures above 5ºC, shelf life is 12 months from the date of manufacture
- If you have any left over product, ensure that you close the tin by replacing the lid firmly and securely and store in a safe place
- Protect from frost
- To avoid the risk of spillage, always store and transport in a secure upright position
- All equipment must be washed with clean, cold water immediately after use
- Waste material should not be emptied in the drainage system
- Some local authorities have special facilities for the disposal of leftover paint
- Please do not add any product into drains or watercourses
- For Use By
- General Use
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- Touch Dry (at 20°C)
- 1 Hour
- Dry to Recoat (at 20°C)
- 2-4 Hours
- Fully Cured (at 20°C)
- 7-10 Days
- 4-15m² per litre
- Fully Tintable
- Base Type
- Exterior / Interior Use
- Exterior Use
|stephen on 2022-05-10 20:17:40|| |
What’s the drying time in between coats ?
At 20°C this will be dry to recoat in 2 to 4 hours.
|Jenny on 2022-04-18 20:55:18|| |
Is this paint suitable for mobile park homes?
This paint can be applied to many previously applied paints, render, brick, stone, rough cast and other masonry substrates assuming they are clean, dry, sound and prepared as detailed in the technical data sheet.
|Steve Hodgson on 2022-03-09 17:02:11|| |
Is this product a mineral based paint? Can this be applied on to lime render?
No this is not a mineral based paint and it should not be applied over lime render.
For application to lime render, assuming it is clean, dry, sound and prepared as detailed in the technical data sheet we can recommend Keim Royalan.
This is available in a range of colours in a matt finish.
|Lawrence on 2022-02-20 09:20:40|| |
Do you do tester lots for masonry range
Unfortunately the manufacturer does not provide sample sizes.
This paint is mixed to many RAL and BS colours, we would recommend viewing a physical colour chart to choose a suitable colour.
|Martin Kerins on 2022-01-08 22:35:15|| |
Hi, my building has been previously painted with sandtex, can wethertex AP77 be applied directly over this, there is no cracks or peeling, just faded.
Wethertex AP77 Flexible Smooth Masonry Paint can be applied to clean, dry, sound and prepared previously painted substrates.
We would recommend testing for compatibility and adhesion prior to full application.
|Colin Deans on 2021-10-16 14:51:51|| |
which coating is suitable for outside concrete steps
This paint is not suitable for use on surfaces that will be walked on.
Assuming the concrete steps are in a domestic environment, they are clean, dry, sound and prepared as detailed in the technical data sheet we can recommend Coo-Var Acrylic floor paint.
This is avaialble in many RAL and BS colours and an anti-slip version is also available.
|Sandra on 2021-09-24 10:59:17|| |
I have a total surface area of outside rendered wall to paint 0f 32 square metres. Will a 10L can of AP77 paint enable me to apply a 'mist' coat and 2 coats on top pf that
This paint depending on the porousity of the substrate and texture this paint will cover between 4-15m² per litre per coat. For 32m² you will require approximately 6 litres for a mist coat, then 8 litres for a first coat and maybe 4 litres for a final coat.
|Garry Pelling on 2021-08-25 15:58:49|| |
Can I use this to paint over my extension which is rendered in Monorex GF render. It has faded over the 5 years it been up, and I need to match to my bungalow which has Sandtex Sandstone on it?
We'd recommend testing an area to ensure adhesion but assuming the render is a paintable render then yes this would be suitable as a breathable topcoat.
|Gary on 2021-08-03 08:50:18|| |
I can't seem to order this product in RAL 7016 (Anthracite), please advise
Wethertex AP77 is only available in White and Pastel shades so RAL 7016 is not available.
|Jez Daniels on 2021-08-02 12:02:12|| |
Do I need to use a primer on newly rendered surfaces when using Wethertex AP77 Flexible Smooth Masonry Paint? If so which primer do you recommend?
When applying Wethertex AP77, we would normally only recommend the use of a primer if the substrate was unstable and powdery. If the substrate is sound, then AP77 should be applied as a diluted 1st coat, usually diluted somewhere between 10-50% with clean water and then undiluted coats applied.
|David McHugh on 2021-05-28 12:35:01|| |
4-15 sq m coverage is quite vague, can you five me a better estimate for coverage on standard brick rendering done about 6months ago.
This will depend on the texture and porosity of the substrate, we have contacted you directly for more information.
|Terry on 2020-07-18 10:11:20|| |
Can't find any customer reviews on how efficient wethertex AP77 is in stopping penertration of water on external masonry.
Assuming the substrate is clean, dry, sound and prepared as detailed in the Technical Data sheet, AP77 is highly weatherproof and can last upto 20 years.
|C. Frost on 2020-03-10 10:00:34|| |
The building in question is concrete blocks & the top half is cladded with wood. Would masonary AP77 paint be suitable for the entire building including wood as I’d like it to be the same colour.
Wethertex AP77 Flexible Smooth Masonry Paint would only be suitable for the concrete blocks, Wethertex OT25 Wood-Flex Satin Opaque Timber Paint would then need to be used on the wood cladding. Both products can be mixed to the same colour, however if you are looking for one product to do both surfaces you could instead consider one of the Zinsser AllCoat Exterior (Water Based) range which would be fine to be applied to both surfaces after first priming the wood with Zinsser Cover Stain assuming it is currently bare.
|islwyn on 2020-02-09 16:38:59|| |
Re Wethertex AP77 Flexible Smooth Masonry Paint is this paint suitable around windows e.g sills etc
Providing the areas around the windows are of a masonry construction then AP77 would be perfectly fine.
Wethertex C10 Multi-Surface Fungicidal Wash is a ready to use, water based masonry wash for the removal of a broad range of bacterial, algal and fungal growth on masonry surfaces prior to painting. Developed using fast acting bioactive technology, the product is particularly effective against algae and mould growth and creates a clean surface,...
Wethertex CP80 Clad-Seal Steel and Cladding Coating is a high performance, self priming, exterior quality satin paint for use on a variety of metal & plastic substrates. Developed using advanced Optilife Silicone Technology, it is quick drying, highly water resistant and offers excellent protection against rust for up to 12 years....
Wethertex HBS Flex-Coat Hi-Build Coating (15KG), a high quality, heavily textured, highly flexible masonry paint that is highly waterproof and will protect your building for up to 20 years. Anti-Crack - Highly Breathable - Silicone Technology Perfect for renovation of small cracks, badly weathered or uneven areas Ideal for uneven,...
Wethertex OT25 Wood-Flex Satin Opaque Timber Paint is a quick drying, high quality opaque satin finish for all exterior timber, including cladding, windows, doors and other joinery. Uses advanced Optilife silicone technology, providing long term colour stability for timber and total weather protection for up to 12 years. Good blocking...
Wethertex ST1 Quick Dry Stabilising Primer is the ideal product for use when preparing unstable exterior surfaces for painting. Specially developed using fine particle sized polymers, this silicone based product is able to penetrate deep into the substrate, creating ultra high adhesion and high vapour permeability. Seals and stabilises...
Wethertex WeatherBLOCKER is the perfect one stop solution for protecting your building from the damaging effects of penetrating damp. Developed using nano-technology, this clear, waterproof coating penetrates deep into brick or stone to give up to 25 years protection against damp without affecting the appearance of the substrate. Ready to...
Wethertex S.A. Quicklock Textured Roller sleeves and frames for applying products such as Wethertex HBS Flex-Coat Hi-Build Coating. Choose from individual 7" and 10" roller sleeves and frames, or sets from the menu below. More Information Wethertex 2021 Brochure
Wethertex PP77 All Weather Pliolite Masonry Paint is a premium smooth matt finish solvent borne coating formulated using Pliolite technology, it has excellent adhesion and can be applied in temperatures as low as -5°C allowing for all year round application. Suitable for use on bonded paint and coatings, render, brick, stone, rough-cast and...