Therm-A-Glaze 30, a high pressure intumescent strip material developed for glazing applications where a large amount of expansion is beneficial whilst retaining a firm pressure. The degree of expansion is more than 20 fold. Provides excellent sealing properties combined with the benefit of a flexible strip of intumescent material Useful in...
Intumescent Seals Therm-A-Glaze 45
Therm-A-Glaze 45 is a low pressure intumescent strip material which has been developed for glazing applications to satisfy the demand for a dry glazing system. The degree of expansion is moderate to give more resistance to erosion which is particularly beneficial in glazing applications.
- Provides excellent sealing properties combined with the benefit of a flexible strip of intumescent material
- Useful in cases where there is a possibility of localized flaming due to combustible products since it generates fire retardant gases during expansion
- Therm-A-Glaze 30 and Therm-A-Glaze 60 also available
Quick Links - Click To Jump To Section:
- Flexible phosphate based intumescent product
- Approximate ten fold increase in volume when exposed to heat
- Activation temperature of around 180°C
- Resistant to both atmospheric moisture and carbon dioxide
- Requires no additional surface protection
- May be decorated with a wide range of conventional finishes without impairing the performance
Therm-A-Glaze 45 intumescent strip is supplied at 10mm x 2mm & 15mm x 2mm as standard. It is a dry glazing material with a self adhesive backing to allow rapid and easy installation in glazed apertures. The material can be cut with scissors or a sharp knife so is easy to fit to glazing beads. Therm-A-Glaze 45 has been very successful as a glazing seal in 30 minutes applications for both doors and timber screens.
- Therm-A-Glaze 45 glazing system (10 x 2mm)
- Softwood or hardwood glazing beads (min. density 460 kg/m³) 20mm wide by 15mm high, may be chamfered by approximately 20° or square, bolection return optional
- Non-combustible/hardwood setting blocks
- No.8 Screws or steel pins, 38mm long at 200mm centres
- Nominally 44mm thick FD30 door leaf or thicker if required to accommodate beads and glass at the required dimensions
Therm-A-Glaze 45 has been successfully tested as a component of various door sets and glazed screens to meet the fire resistance requirements of BS476:Part 20 & 22. It has also been certified to the more exacting requirements of Certifire. See Intumescent Seals certificate CF 284 under the "Data Sheets" tab for details. It is currently being evaluated to the requirements of BS EN 1634-1.
Copies of test reports and assessment evidence are available on request.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions and should be applied only by an individual with the necessary expertise and experience. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
- For Use By
- Consumer Use
- For Use On
- Fire Resisting Doors
Fire Resisting Screens
- Suitable For Use On
- Fire Resisting Screens
- Suitable For Use On
- Fire Resisting Doors
- 30 Minutes Fire Resistance
- Product Type
- Intumescent Glazing
- Product Range
- Intumescent Seals
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
Intumescent Seals Therm-A-Glaze 45 is only available with the shipping and delivery timescales listed below - please do not contact our Customer Support Team with enquiries about alternative or earlier shipping and delivery times.
Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Bank Holidays, are not classed as working days.
Orders placed after the cut-off for this product will not be processed for earliest dispatch until 9am the next working day.
All delivery costs below are excluding VAT
Therm-A-Glaze 60 provides a reliable 60 minute glazing system for timber fire doors. Timber doors present particular problems in 60 minute applications using uninsulated glass due to the high temperature of the glass and the erosion of the door and beads during a fire test. One hour glazing system comprising of the following components:...