This Envirograf system offers a white or coloured solution (you can apply your own decorative top coat to colour co-ordinate a property) to upgrade solid wood/timber doors to up to 30 minutes' fire resistance (subject to suitability) by using Envirograf intumescent coatings.
These packs have been created to help users ensure they are purchasing sufficient materials for their project. Each pack contains the correct amount of coatings/layers to ensure protection is achieved inline with the manufacturer's recommendations to the respective area in question:
These packs offer the Envirograf paint system ONLY, if you require intumescent card, mastic, hardware, etc. for your doors please contact the Technical Department.
This system offers a clear primer, white intumescent and white undercoat sufficient for 4m², 10m² or 20m² of door surfaces. Fire and smoke seals should also be fitted to each door upgraded.
Remember, intumescent paint is just one element of protection and DOES NOT create a ‘fire door’. Intumescent materials and hardware MUST be used to ensure your doors meet the required standards of your authority.
If you are looking for a clear finish, we also stock our Fire Door Varnish.
For doors requiring 60 minute fire resistance please contact the Technical Department on 0113 2455450 or [email protected]
Please download and read 'Door Upgrading Technical Data' before purchase, download from the 'Download' section below or from HERE.
Features & Benefits
- Certificate of Supply available
- Helps comply with Building Regulation requirements
- Keeps the period look and feel of doors
- Clear or coloured versions available
- Can be used on various different door types
- Test data available upon request
- NOT suitable for 'Hollow Core' doors or MDF
- 4m² Pack = 1L Envirograf HWAP/WB Primer + 1L Envirograf HW01 White Intumescent Coating + 1L Envirograf HW04/S Undercoat
- 10m² Pack = 1L Envirograf HWAP/WB Primer + 2.5L Envirograf HW01 White Intumescent Coating + 1L Envirograf HW04/S Undercoat
- 20m² Pack = 2L Envirograf HWAP/WB Primer + 5L Envirograf HW01 White Intumescent Coating + 2L Envirograf HW04/S Undercoat
In good drying conditions (20°C/50% r.h.) we expect the following overcoat times;
- Envirograf HWAP/WB Primer - After 1 hour
- Envirograf HW01 White Intumescent Coating - After 2 hours
- Envirograf HW04/S Undercoat - After 24 hours
- These products should not be used without reading and fully understanding the Door Upgrading Technical Data referenced above as incorrect application/specification may result in doors not being properly protected.
- We also recommend referring this information (including test data, product data sheets, etc.) to your authority for approval prior to purchase and application.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller