- On sale!
Hydron Nu-Flame Fire Upgrade System (For Timber)
The Nu-Flame Fire Upgrade paint system has been developed for the over-coating of multi layered paints for areas without the need to strip the current paint. This Timber pack is ideal for doors and skirting.
- All packs achieve BS Class 1/0 Surface Spread of Flame protection
- For interior use only
The Nu-Flame Fire Upgrade paint system has been developed for the over-coating of multi layered paints without the need to strip the current paint. Removing the existing paint system is expensive, time consuming and can be a health hazard when working in a confined space such as a corridor. The Nu-Flame fire retardant paint system reduces the need for chemical stripping of the walls. Nu-Flame is a water based system which presents no health hazards and reduced odours during the application.
This Timber pack is comprised of a white intumescent undercoat and colour gloss topcoat.
Inspect and prepare in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and apply:
- 2 coats of Nu-Flame Timbercoat @ 7m²/Kg per coat.
- 2 coats of Nu-Flame FR Gloss @ 14m²/Litre per coat.
Product Case Uses
- Homes - In addition to skirting boards, homes also have timber doors. In the event of fire, it is important to buy as much time as possible to escape. Applying the Nu-Flame FR system will give your doors and other timber finishes more resilience to flames, giving you more time to escape through windows should the unimaginable happen.
- Offices - With a plethora of IT equipment, telephony and paper-jamming printers, and of course the office coffee machine, this all adds up to a possible risk of fire. Even at time when businesses are going as paper-free as possible, there is still more than enough reports, invoices and legal docs which serve to spread flames quicker and easier.
- Cafe - Preparing hot food and drinks comes with the obvious risk of fire. We've all seen the adverts in the past of chip pans going up in flames, and whilst chip pans may be a thing of yesteryear, cafes still have plenty of fire risks that must be taken seriously, especially since they will be serving members of the public.
Nu-Flame Timbercoat (Intumescent) is an ideal paint and fire-retardant treatment for internal wood and timber structures/fittings. The intumescent coating means that in the event of heat exposure on the wood, the coating will swell up, and thus protect the timber underneath.
- Fire-retardant for wood and timber.
- Internal use.
- 12-month shelf life.
PREPARATION & APPLICATION
For use on wood and timber. If applying to existing painted timber, rub down thoroughly. Ensure surfaces are sound to provide a key, wash down and allow to dry. Do not apply in damp, cold conditions or when condensation may form on walls and ceilings. Apply by brush/roller or Airless Spray. All equipment should be cleaned with water immediately after use.
Nu-Flame FR Gloss
Nu-Flame FR Gloss is a gloss flame retardant topcoat paint for new and previously painted surfaces where a gloss finish is required. For use on door, skirting and other timber finishes.
- Flame retardant.
- Gloss finish.
- Any RAL colour. BS 4800 also available.
PREPARATION & APPLICATION
For use on door, skirting and other timber finishes. To complement the Nu-Flame wall finishes. Ensure surfaces to be treated are clean, free from contamination and dry. Apply by brush/roller or spray. Should not be applied at temperatures below 5°C, Or when relative humidity exceeds 85%. All equipment should be cleaned with white spirit. For strong colours, 2 coats required.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
|John Pennells on 2019-02-11 13:31:21|| |
We are looking for an intumescent (90 min would be good, 60min is ok) coating that can be applied over existing painted structural steel - I notice this product is for wood, do you have anything that is suitable (along with the certification to suite). In the environment we are in there are major issues with any attempt to blast clean the steel Please let me know asap Kind regards John
As you have said the product you have enquired about is not suitable for steel but we have many options that are. Please provide us with as much of the following information as possible;
- Level of fire protection required (i.e. 30, 60, 90min, etc.)
Alternatively you can just forward us drawings, fabrication/cutting lists and we'll extract the information from them but in that instance we'd need some guidance as to what to allow for i.e. all steels on first floor, etc.