An extensive range of accessories and ancillary products for use with Nullifire (Firetherm) systems, helping the installation and application of firestopping products. Refer below to see the full range. More Information Delivery Info
Nullifire FJ240 Spanatherm
Nullifire (Firetherm) FJ240 Spanatherm, fire resistant rock fibre expansion joints for slab edging and curtain walling, preventing the spread of smoke and fire.
- Up to 2
- Vapour and smoke barrier
- Allows significant movement accommodation
- 1200 x 600 x 100mm slabs
- Please contact our technical team on 01132455450 for custom size requirements
NOTE: The Integrity and Insulation rating of this product is limited to the capability of the surrounding substrates, Nullifire/Firetherm does not permit the use of this product against combustible cladding.
Nullifire FJ240 Spanatherm is a dry fit system designed to be a cost-effective and efficient method of firestopping static and movement joints for slab edge/curtain walling or vertical details. The strong pre-engineered rock fibre movement-joint fire seal allows significant movement accommodation at the same time as providing fire integrity, insulation and an effective smoke seal. The dense fibrous system is faced on both sides with foil to provide Class O surface spread of flame and a vapour check barrier.
Facade and internal movement and slab edge
Where the opening width exceeds 50 mm or the cladding system is flexible, Z Clips or V-lock Z Clips will be required to provide sufficient support in relation to gap width. Please refer to the relevant data sheets and application guides for more information, or contact our technical team on 0113 2455450.
Spanatherm is supplied in 1200 x 600 x 100mm thick slabs - contact us on 0113 2455450 for custom size requirements.
- Clean all surfaces to remove loose debris, dirt and grease.
- Carefully remove Spanatherm from its packaging.
- Measure the gap width of the opening to be sealed.
- Cut the Spanatherm into strips lengthways to the width of opening plus approximately 10% (minimum 5 mm) to ensure a compressed joint.
- Under compression, install the cut length of Spanatherm. Where the opening width exceeds 50 mm or the cladding system is flexible, Z Clips or V-lock Z Clips will be required to provide sufficient support in relation to gap width. The clip is fixed into the slab side edge of Spanatherm and mechanically fixed to the top of the floor slab. Clips/Spikes required: 3 per 1.2 m at 400 mm centres working from the centre line, minimum 2 per cut piece.
- Butt join additional lengths of Spanatherm along the seal as required.
- Seal adjoining edges of Spanatherm using suitable adhesive backed foil tape.
- When used vertically the smoke seal must be applied to both faces of the product.
Where it is not possible to scribe the product, discontinuities or Irregularities up to 25 mm can be sealed using Intumastic or Intumastic ADL to a 1:1 ratio in conjunction with a minimum 64 kg RF backer to the remainder of seal depth. This should only be used in C1, C2 or C3 Environments, For C4, Intusil should be adopted.
Spanatherm has been rigorously tested to BS 476 Pts 20 and 22: 1987 at a UKAS accredited laboratory for up to two hours fire integrity and 90 minutes insulation.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions and should be applied only by an individual with the necessary expertise and experience. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Product Type
- Fire Barrier
- Fire Rating
- 120 Minutes
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
Nullifire FJ240 Spanatherm is only available with the shipping and delivery timescales listed below - please do not contact our Customer Support Team with enquiries about alternative or earlier shipping and delivery times.
Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Bank Holidays, are not classed as working days.
Orders placed after the cut-off for this product will not be processed for earliest dispatch until 9am the next working day.
All delivery costs below are excluding VAT