Tenmat Loft Covers
- ECO Loft Insulation Compliant
- Tested to meet the CITB “General requirements and guidance for the installation of cold roof loft insulation”
- Meets Electrical Safety First recommendations
- IP6X Dust Tight
- Tested to BS EN 60598-1 / BS EN 60598-2
- Needle Flame tested to BS EN 60695-11
- Glow Wire Tested to BS EN 60695-2-10
- Suitable for both Halogen or LED light fittings
- Proven to improve light output and lamp life of LED lamps
- Angled profile of the Loft Cover allows the cover to be positioned close to angled roof timbers
- Can be fully covered with loose/blown or rolled insulation
The most recent fire safe installation guidance requires recessed spotlights to be protected from contact with combustible and non-combustible loft / attic insulation.
Any downlight protection cover should be proven to be safe when installed with insulation, previously known as being F-capped, IP6X Dust Tight and tested for any lamp type up to 50W to BS EN 60598-1/ BS EN 60598-2.
With energy saving being more important than ever, increasing the thickness of loft/attic insulation is one of the most simple and cost effective measures to improve the energy efficiency of homes.
Insulation thicknesses are recommended to be at least 300mm and this can result in recessed downlights becoming completely buried. It is no longer acceptable to install insulation without ensuring downlights are protected due to a significant risk of reduced lamp life, malfunction or in the worst case a roof fire.
Similarly it is clear that the old practice of leaving a gap around an unprotected downlight is an open path for heated or conditioned air to be lost into the roof space and energy saving and air tightness to be compromised.
The Tenmat Loft Covers are specifically designed to ensure a fire safe installation for a wide range of recessed downlights and enable loose or rolled insulation, both combustible and non-combustible to be installedsafely over the position of downlights. The covers also significantly reduce the air leakage and energy losses associate with downlights in ceilings.
Tenmat Loft Covers solve all of the above issues with a simple to install product.
|Material||Nominal Internal Height||Nominal Diameter (top)||Nominal Diameter (base)|
|FF130||160 mm||85 mm||250 mm|
|FF130R||220 mm||30 mm||220 - 230 mm (ellipse)|
|Report Type||Fire Test Lab||Test Standard||Rating|
|Flammability - Needle Flame||Lighting Industry|
|BS EN 60695-11||Pass|
|Flammability - Glow Wire Test|
|BS EN 60695-2-10||Pass|
|Heat Build Up Testing||Lighting Industry|
|BS EN 60598-1 and|
BS EN 60598-2-2
|Dust Tightness/Particle Ingress||Lighting Industry|
|BS EN 60598-2|
Tenmat Loft Covers have been tested and proven to maintain LED lamp life by offering a stable running temperature which may otherwise be affected in temperature extremes in a roof space. LIA Report L13178
- Make a small hole or slit in the Loft Cover for the cable
- Seal any holes/slits and cover the base with sealant (general purpose silicone sealant or similar intumescent acrylic sealants can be used but are not a requirement
- Sit FF130 Loft Cover over downlight and press into place. Ensure a dust tight seal
- Loft insulation can fully cover the FF130 Loft Covers
- Note: Transformers must be located above the insulation (CITB Guidance recommends placing the transformer on a suitably sized plate, typically 150x150mm, made from non-combustible material which sits on top of the insulation)
- Fit the fixing wire through pre punched holes at the top of the cover
- Make a hole in the top of the cover to pass cables through. Ensure this is a tight fit
- Ensuring the wire is held above the cover, grasp the legs firmly and roll cover into a tight cylinder. Feed the wire then the cover through the ceiling cut-out
- Ensure the cover springs back into shape. Pull down on the legs until the L-Section locates underneath the ceiling. Cut off the excess wire. The downlight can be fitted as normal
- If fixing wire is not required, the Loft Cover can be bonded to the ceiling with a bead of silicone sealant
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions and should be applied only by an individual with the necessary expertise and experience. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
- For Use By
- Professional Use
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Interior Use
- Single, Two or Three Pack
- Single Pack
- Suitable For Use On
- Suitable For Use On
- Application Method
- Product Type
- Fire Cover
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
Tenmat Loft Covers is only available with the shipping and delivery timescales listed below - please do not contact our Customer Support Team with enquiries about alternative or earlier shipping and delivery times.
Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Bank Holidays, are not classed as working days.
Orders placed after the cut-off for this product will not be processed for earliest dispatch until 9am the next working day.
All delivery costs below are excluding VAT