Rockwool Fire Barrier Slab comprises a high density stone wool core which is foil faced on both sides. It has been developed to prevent the spread of flames and inhibit heat and smoke through concealed spaces in buildings and improve sound reduction.Fire resistance of up to 4 hours integrity Simple, butt jointed and friction fit...
Rockwool Fire Barrier System
Rockwool Fire Barrier systems have been developed to prevent the spread of flames and inhibit heat and smoke through concealed spaces in buildings and improve sound reduction. It is comprised of stone wool and has a galvanised wire mesh which is stitched to one side.
- Fire resistance of up to 2 hours and suitable for void heights of up to 10.5 metres, supported by a stitched wire mesh
- Available with an aluminium foil face to reduce the passage of smoke
Sold in pallets of 12. 123012 - 1000mm x 3000mm x 60mm (Foil Faced 2 Sides, Wire 1 Side) has a minimum order quantity of 8 pallets.
123011 - 1000mm x 3700mm x 50mm (Foil Faced 2 Sides, Wire 1 Side) and 123012 - 1000mm x 3000mm x 60mm (Foil Faced 2 Sides, Wire 1 Side) are available on 14-21 working day delivery only.
As a labour saving, easy to install fire resistant insulation product, the Rockwool Fire Barrier systems offer essential prevention against fire and smoke in hidden spaces. As part of the comprehensive Rockwool Firepro range of products, the Rockwool Fire Barrier systems feature a patented 'Quick Fit' support system, which offers a quick, cost effective solution for fire resistant periods of up to 60 minutes.
The ease of installation significantly reduces the risk of error, whilst extended drops can be catered for as the system has been tested to perform in void heights of up to 10.5 metres. As vertically hung Fire Barriers, they are able to offer integrity and insulation protection periods from 15 to 120 minutes, in addition to the friction fitted Fire Barrier Slab which also provides 60 minutes integrity and insulation. It is Rockwool’s essential insulation performance, that effectively limits heat transfer through the barriers. This ensures that the heat transfer to the non-fire side is minimised to prevent the ignition of any combustible materials in close proximity to the barrier.
Quick Links - Click To Jump To Section:
- Suitable for void heights up to 10.5 meters
- Acoustically effective – contributes to improved sound reduction benefits as the correct use of Fire Barrier within structural cavities and voids will minimise transmitted sound
- Additional strength through wire mesh reinforcement
- Service penetration data available
- Fire resistance of up to 2 hours
- Flexible, accommodates movement and has a 25mm galvanised wire mesh for increased strength. Available with an aluminium foil face to reduce the passage of smoke
- Can be fixed to concrete decks, timber and steel meaning that the cost of installation is reduced, and the speed of installation is increased
- Pitched roof voids
- Head of wall
- Concealed ceiling spaces
- Multiple substrates
- Fire protection of structural steelwork
Standards and Approvals
- Independently tested and assessed to BS 476: Part 22 by UKAS accredited laboratories
- Achieves a reaction to fire classification of A1 as defined in BS EN 13501:1
- Third party approved for performance and quality by the Loss Prevention Council Certification board (LPCB) and are listed in their Fire and Security ‘Red Book’ - certificate no. 022c
- Authorised for use in LUL surface and sub-surface premises when installed in accordance with the product data sheet
- See the product data sheet and installation guide for detailed intallation instructions for ½ hour, 30-60 minute, 1 hour, 1.5 & 2 Hour Fire Barriers
- 50mm Fire Barriers can be used in conjuntion with the Quick Fit System for 1 hour fire resistance
- A cavity fire barrier must be designed to restrict the passage of both hot smoke and flames for the minimum specified period, as listed in Approved Document B in support of the Building Regulations. In addition, it must be fixed in such a way that:
- It will remain effective in the event of structural movement
- There are no gaps where it abuts other elements of construction
- It complies with the requirements of Approved Document B of the Building Regulations
- For periods of up to 60 minutes, Rockwool Fire Barriers can be used for extended void heights between 3.5 and 6m without the need for a supported frame. For periods of up to 90 minutes, this drop height can be increased to 10.5m (9m for 120 minutes), by the use of a simple frame system constructed from slotted angles and straps
- Where Rockwool Fire Barriers are installed in conjunction with fire dampers, the dampers must be supported independently of the fire barrier. HVCA or ASFP publications may be helpful
- Where regular access is required through the barriers for maintenance purposes etc, this should be achieved by the inclusion of an independently supported fire rated door set and frame. The Fire Barriers should be clamped to the door frame with the RW clamping plate and appropriate fixings at 450mm centres
- Rockwool Fire Barrier support angle and clamping plate are specially manufactured for installation of Rockwool products.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions and should be applied only by an individual with the necessary expertise and experience. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
- For Use By
- Professional Use
- Interior / Exterior Use
- Interior Use
- For Use On
- Roof voids and structural steel
- Pack Size
- 1000mm x 4000mm x 50mm
1000mm x 3500mm x 60mm
- Suitable For Use On
- Structural Steel
- Suitable For Use On
- Roof Voids
- Product Type
- Fire Rating
- 120 Minutes
Be the first to ask a question about this product!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION
Rockwool Fire Barrier System is only available with the shipping and delivery timescales listed below - please do not contact our Customer Support Team with enquiries about alternative or earlier shipping and delivery times.
Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Bank Holidays, are not classed as working days.
Orders placed after the cut-off for this product will not be processed for earliest dispatch until 9am the next working day.
All delivery costs below are excluding VAT
Rockwool Fire Barrier System Ancillaries are used in conjunction with Rockwool Fire Barriers and comprise of Fire Barrier Support Angles and Clamping Plates.Suitable for void heights of up to 10.5 metres, supported by a stitched wire mesh Patented ‘quick-fit’ system for up to 1 hour fire resistanceSupport Angles 3m x 34mm x 75mm, 10...