Sherwin-Williams Firetex M71V2
Sherwin-Williams Firetex M71V2 is a sheen decorative topcoat for the Firetex range of single pack intumescent coatings and also provides protection when used in internal semi-controlled conditions where condensation may occur (Category C2 as defined in ISO 12944-2).
- Available in 450+ colours
Product customisationDon't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
- As a decorative topcoat for the FIRETEX range of single pack intumescent coatings but also to provide protection when used in an internal semi-controlled environment. (Category C2 as defined in ISO 12944-2).
- After appropriate drying, can be exposed to weather provided that the specific use or storage does not lead to ponding water due to rainfall, condensation or other site / transportation / storage circumstances.
- Formulated to meet the requirements of EC directive 2004/42/CE
Not normally required, although indefinitely overcoatable with itself
- Firetex M71V2 must always be applied to a minimum dry film thickness of 50 microns to provide adequate protection to Firetex range of single pack intumescent coatings in an internally semi-controlled environment where condensation may occur (Category C2 as defined in ISO 12944-2).
- Firetex M71V2 is recommended for future re-decoration and maintenance. The use of any other coatings may reduce the systems fire resistance. Certain shades, eg yellows, oranges and reds, may require additional coats to achieve full opacity.
- Numerical values quoted for physical data may vary slightly from batch to batch.
- Application at ambient air temperatures below 5°C is not recommended.
- For further technical enquiries please consult Technical Team.
IMPORTANT FIRE PRODUCTS NOTICE: The information displayed on this website should be used as a guide ONLY and our Technical Department should be contacted to obtain a tailored specification and any advice necessary before you place an order for fire protection products. Fire protection products are non-returnable except in accordance with Condition 8 of the Terms and Conditions. We will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to the incorrect specification you have prepared or use of fire protection products caused by your negligence, including your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
It is your responsibility to read the Product Data Sheets (available below) before you place an order and prior to application of the product. The content of this website is our best recommendation and is not advice. Coverage rates quoted are approximate, you agree that coverage depends on the condition of the substrate, surface absorption, texture and application method. We ALWAYS recommend a trial area is coated to ensure the product meets your requirements before use.
- Brush, Roller, Spray
- 8.5m² per litre
- Touch Dry
- 45 Minutes
|Stuart Smith on 2020-04-07 13:10:13|| |
Whats the coverage on a 5 litre tin of the external firetex product? Regards Stuart
The coverage per litre is 8.5m².
So a 5 litre tin covers 42.5m².